We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

What is a good tour or site that i can get reputable tours of the Serengeti national Park that are based from Arusha or can start in Arusha? I will be doing some mission work and will have some days off and want to see as much wildlife as i can. Any suggestions for a man on a budget and that wants to see the "best" of Tanzania close to Arusha?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,619 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

< I will just have to be satisfied with the caracal sighting >

Did you have to say that? Grrrr!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

What... doesn't every visitor see a caracal? We saw ours from the parking area at Kogatende Ranger Station... apparently it was hanging out in that area in October of 2011... no photos though - it was there and then it wasn't!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

That was the day before we got to follow the research vehicle to see the rhino hidden in the hills of the northern Serengeti...

Yes... we know how lucky we were!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,619 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

I have lots of 'no photos' from Caracal to Choeropsis. Even Giant Vultures carrying off grown men. (turned out the latter was a Hang Glider so it did not go on the ticklist either.)

Twin Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
718 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

Idiotsabroad-a caracal! oh man, 28 months, mostly in the field and I never saw one (not for lack of searching either). Lucky duck. As for day trips-the only true critter day trips (giving the place justice) are Arusha National Park (no rhinos but lots of cool monkeys) and Lake Duluti (bush babies!). Manyara and TNP can be day trips but I would say spend the night so you can visit in the morning as well.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

But at least I have proof of the caracal sighting (https:/…239)-sorry no giant vultures.

Joshua-sorry for highjacking your thread. Good luck in finding some good day/short trip during your stay.

Twin Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
718 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

Ha. IMO hijack away when you provide an awesome picture of a caracal:)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,619 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

Grrr!

Any minute now and StephenH will come on with his Pangolin.

Arusha, Dar es...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

Hi, as you will be having one month in Arusha, I think it's better you visit the Serengeti National park though a solo safari is expensive but if you can manage to get a tour operator or someone to prepare you a camping safari this can be cheap in price, also you can have like three days safari, that the first day you move early from Arusha drive directly to Serengeti and with en route game drive then the next day you have a full day game drive in Serengeti, the third day you drive back to Arusha after performing an early morning game drive. I hope this can work out for you. As long as you get a right person to do it and who knows what is doing.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Tour of the Serengeti from Arusha

Hi, If you were looking to do a safari in October, me and my boyfriend are looking for people to join!!

We have booked a 5 day 4 night safari with African Scenic safari that goes to Ngorongoro, Tarangire and the Serengeti.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send more info

Roisin