We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris ltd

Barcelona, Spain
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris ltd

Hi!

Has anybody here had a safari with Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris Ltd.?

I was looking for references, but no luck yet...

I would b very grateful for your opinions.

Lisa

26 replies to this topic
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
21. Re: Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris ltd

Hello. My family and I just returned from three safaris organized for us by this company. Andrew was our agent's name. He was very kind, very organized, very communicative as we prepared the travel plans and gave us use of a cell phone in Tanzania the whole time on safari and in between safaris to reach him in the event anything went wrong. It really helped us relax in a foreign country:) He was always available by text or call phone. He arranged for us beautiful hotels within our budget, and all the air travel, and drivers.

I recommend Andrew and the company highly.

If you go with them, [lease give my best to them from the Lane family who just returned form there two weeks ago.

Best Wishes

Laura

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
22. Re: Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris ltd

My friend and I had the pleasure of trekking Mt Kili with Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris last August.

We did a 7-day lemosho route trek and a 1-day safari at the end.

Everything was very well organized. Andrew was very responsive and helped with all quest before the trek.

Our guide and porters did a great job!

Special thanks goes to our cook (forgot his name). We totally didn’t expect our food to be THAT good!!! Really, it’s mind blowing what that guy made for us every day.. 3 times a day!

One advice to trekkers - if you have an option to rent a portable toilet - DO IT. We didn’t, and it was a mistake.

Good luck to everyone who is yet to climb!

Edited: 12:59 pm, October 20, 2018
Calistoga...
2 posts
23. Re: Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris ltd

HI lisa

but if your looking to tour in Tanzania use Kilimanjaro basecamp they are grate people with top services we have used them both for kilimanjaro and safaris

www.kilimanajarobasecamp.com

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

andreas

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
24. Re: Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris ltd

I did a 5-day safari to Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Tarangire and Lake Manyara with Kilimanjaro Tanzanite in early January 2019. It was a memorable experience. I booked the trip via email and Andrew was my main contact throughout the trip. He was very responsive, always available for any question I had. He kindly greeted me at Arusha airport and dropped me at Kilimanjaro airport. The guide for the safari was friendly and quite knowledgeable, The Toyota car was solid and comfortable. The cook was very kind and cooked tasty meals for us. Although I paid for a camping experience, I was happily surprised to be upgraded to a lodge on the last 2 nights. Camping was of good quality and safe. There are toilets and showers (with hot water if you are lucky) at the camp sites. Make sure you ask for your own tent and a sleeping bag when you book so everything is clear upfront. Lake Manyara is small and only needs 3 hours max to visit, so if you are short on time, you can skip it. What's a must is Ngorongoro and Serengeti! Thanks Andrew and crew!

1 post
25. Re: Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris ltd

I did the 6 day Marangu route during the rainy season and it could not have been more perfect. I was so lucky with the weather and my team. Ernest was my guide and if you are able to request him do so. He is so knowledgeable and was patient with all my questions and very pole pole pace. This is the company to go with. It was a no frills, get you to the top kind of trip that makes sure you are safe. Thank you for my amazing hike and successful summit! 10/10 would recommend!

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
19 helpful votes
26. Re: Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris ltd

Many tour operators do have safari clients who end up being their friends hence they pose to be their references, The company can provide these contacts on request and again at a forum post like this one any past client can respond be it negative or positive

Reply to: Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris ltd
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted