We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari company

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
karachi
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
safari company

I am about to book a 3 day safari with It Started in Africa. Does anyone have any comments about this tour operator?

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,821 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: safari company

If you are about to book you are a bit late to ask if they are okay. I have never heard of them and I know most of the companies in E.A.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safari company

I would not be "about to book" with anyone that I had not thoroughly researched and gotten recommendations.

Where did you hear of them? Why did you choose them over the many mentioned and reviewed?

Treasure Island...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: safari company

Intoafrica.co.uk!!!!!!!! That's all u need to know!!! It's an amazing company based out of the uk that is truely Into ecotourism. You will feel great using this company as you actually see the proceeds working in the school and, villages that u visit. They get you off the beaten path, and into the true east Africa. You will not be disappointed with food ( ask for dametree), guide Nelson can almost guarantee u see the big five, and driver Duncan will make sure you arrive to every distinction safely. This company does things different than motet others, they do not cut cost, they treat local with respect and fair trade, as well hire the best guides that are well educated!!!!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safari company

I would suggest if you want to support the local economy, which one should do since they will be in East Africa, you should get a local safari operator. Not one which comes and goes. Unless they are licensed to operate in Tanzania they cannot take guests into the national parks. Most safari operators who are not based in Tz will subcontract with a licensed local operator. It's best if you use a Tz safari operator IMO, they know the lay of the land better than others.

Look on the Top Questions about Tz on the Tanzanian forum web page, right side of the web page, 4th link down and you will find a lot of local Tz safari operators.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safari company

they may be based in the UK but they sub contract a local operator so go on and complete your booking.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: safari company

As Karl says above, it is always best to use a local operator, not just because they know the area better, but why line the pockets of an overseas company as well as a local one? After all, if they subcontract to a local operator, why not book direct with a someone local?

There are so many to choose from and quite a minefield out there - if you would like a recommendation of someone tried and trusted (we have used the same company twice now and really couldn't fault them), let me know and I shall pass on the details to you.

pacifica.ca
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: safari company

Take Karl suggestion, travel with local company, you pay 100% more with foreigner company , you lose your money go with local they can ensure your safety and they know their country also they provide best service that you can recommend them to other travelers, we have been in Tanzania for 14 days with local company we met other traveler at hotels we had good time and good deal than them,their staff was well trained if you need company names let me know, i shall give to you

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: safari company

anybody notice that the OP said "I'm about to book" and that was about 5 weeks ago? I don't think additional advice is likely to be of value to the OP...

9. Re: safari company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 10, 2014