We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My excellent experience with Forster Safaris

Arlington, Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
My excellent experience with Forster Safaris

I am a 31 y.o. female from the US. I went on a 5 day Tanzania safari in June of this year. Thanks to Forster Safaris, I had an excellent experience. Themba, the company owner (I believe) communicated with my group by email and phone prior to the trip. He was honest and made the safari effortless when we finally arrived. Themba was always punctual and set us up with a great tour guide named Roger. I highly recommend him. Contact info is:

255-27-2543202.

enquiries @forster-safaris.com

www.forster-safaris.com

If you're looking into a safari in Tanzania, please post any questions you have and I will let you know particulars of my experience. When traveling abroad you can feel a little weary about trusting in others. Luckily, I was in good hands and would like to pass my fortune on to others.

-Cameron

Mentioned in this post
Duma Explorer
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
African Dream Holiday & Photographic Safaris
Safaris, Cultural Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Photography Tours
Peacemakers Expedition & Safari
Multi-day Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Asili Explorer
Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My excellent experience with Forster Safaris

Where did you go in Tanzania? What was the weather like that time of year? I am going on a safari in Tanzania in June of 2013 so any tips or recommendations you could make would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My excellent experience with Forster Safaris

Any photos would be nice- also where did you stay. How long was the trip and what parks did you visit.

San Jose
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My excellent experience with Forster Safaris

YOu were just lucky with FOrster/Themba.... like we were the first time. Seems more like we were bait!

I had recommended Themba to another group and this time he took their money and ran!

I also saw a post by another group wth similar experience with Themba and should have heeded.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,581 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My excellent experience with Forster Safaris

I believe Forsters went bankrupt last year. The Directors have now started a new business.

Guangzhou, China
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My excellent experience with Forster Safaris

I smell rotten fish; who else does?

Colleyville, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: My excellent experience with Forster Safaris

Themba Dube took my money and vanished. We did not receive any of the services we paid for. I am looking for help in finding someone who knows if Forster Safaris still exists and is operating under another name.

They closed their office in arusha and I never heard from them again. I am a victim of fraud and I hope nobody has to experience this. Our family trip was last December

7. Re: My excellent experience with Forster Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 18, 2014