We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need budget camping safari from Arusha

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need budget camping safari from Arusha

Hello,

I am trying to chose a safari company for a 5 to 10 day budget camping tour from the Arusha area for my family of 3 adults in Aug or Sept 2012. We want to see Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro Crater. There are so many companies to choose from, and so many horror stories on line, I am having a hard time trying to pick a company. I need a company that charges a fair price, but that I can feel safe to give my money in advance, and get good service on our trip. I have been looking at Bobby Camping Safaris / Bobby tours, and have seen good reviews for Shidolya and Arunga Expedition Safaris. I would love to hear from anyone that has information that may help us decide what company to choose. This is a once in a lifetime trip for us, and has been a struggle to budget for. We want to make a good choice to ensure we have a good trip. Thank you.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Need budget camping safari from Arusha

I loved Bobby Tours, had an amazing safari, fantastic price, the same food as everyone else who paid much more was eating, stayed in great places, with great views, got amazing photos!! If I could attach a photo I would of the tansport we had...it was comfortable and not old. Our driver stopped to help another truck that had broken down, it was very quickly dealt with. We also had a puncture...this was also dealt with quickly.

Everything I asked to see...I saw! including the migration which i didnt really expect to see!

our young cook was excellent, our driver extremely safe...but quick when we needed to rush to the other side of an area to see a group of lions eat part of a buffalo, and then get chased away by the rest of the herd! We were first on the scene so had a great view!

We were driven to a small shop to get wine.

I could not have asked for a better safari...no complaints at all!! For the money my expectations were not high....but they were definitely surpassed!

Dayton, Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Need budget camping safari from Arusha

My husband and I just booked our camping safari with Duma Explorers. Stacy has been so helpful with all of the planning and my many questions. I could not have imagined better customer service. We have not been on our venture yet. We will head out on August 7th. It will be a 6 night, 7day adventure. The cost was right and we found great reviews.

Wish you the best in your travels. Maybe we will cross paths. If you have any direct questions message me.

Edited: 12:16 am, May 23, 2012
Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Need budget camping safari from Arusha

Our family of 5 used Base Camp for our safari in December, 2011. I was quite nervous about sending the money up-front without knowing much about the company. It was a WONDERFUL trip!! Achmed worked with me on customizing our trip using some tent camps and some lodges. I would HIGHLY recommend using him again. The driver met us at the airport and stayed with us the entire time until he dropped us back at the airport:) I would strong encourage you to visit Tarangire NP; it was our favorite. While there, stay at Tarangire Safari Lodge---it's a wonderful tented lodge with excellent facilities.

Rick Navarre (rnavarre@verizon.net)

24. Re: Need budget camping safari from Arusha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:28 am, June 10, 2012
Hong Kong
2 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Need budget camping safari from Arusha

Hello Chelsey,

my husband and I are also looking for a budget camping safari in arusha for this late august or september.

so far, i'm quiet interested in basecamp 7 days camping safari, however, it's better cost efficiency for a larger group. would u like to join in us to bring down the cost?

we are a very young couple, highly experienced abroad, active, chill out, and get along with all other travellers.

if u'r interested, pls reply me: song.erica@gmail.com

Erica

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Need budget camping safari from Arusha

This is all making me want to go again....next year, so i could be looking for people to share, would need to be february half term again!

Tucson, Arizona...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Need budget camping safari from Arusha

I am using Warrior expeditions and safaris.com company for my safaris. I am doing a personalized one with them this september. It is a Maasai owned and operated company. So all the money stays in the community. They are trustworthy and about half of safari cost can be safely wired to their bank. The remainder is paid upon arrival in Arusha. The owner stays in touch by email and skype regularly. He picks you up and drives you back to Kili airport. I recommend them.

28. Re: Need budget camping safari from Arusha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, July 03, 2012
B G
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Need budget camping safari from Arusha

Bobby Tours and Bobby camping - is it really the same?

Which one did you refer to?

I am looking into booking with them, so please let me know.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Need budget camping safari from Arusha

They are the same.