We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay in Arusha

san francisco, ca
3 posts
Place to stay in Arusha

I am looking for a hotel for 2 nights in Arusha to stay prior to climbing Kili. Does anyone have suggestions on a clean, safe, moderate hotel? I'd like to spend under $100/night but still have some basic comforts as I'll just be arriving from the US (20+ hour flight)

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Place to stay in Arusha

I always stay at the Equator Hotel. It's clean, safe, good breakfast included in the rate, and has pleasant people, a good bar, and it's right in the city center so most things are a short taxi ride or walking distance. Non resident rate is $60 for a single. There's also the Safari Hotel across the street but I don't like to stay there. It's owned by the Tz Lutheran Church so they don't serve any alcoholic drinks and some of the management people are not hospitable at all, in fact some are rude. I think the rate there is about the same. It's been built in the past 2 years so it's all new and nice. There's also the Impala for about the same rate but it's a distance out but not too far and it's the same quality as these others. Then there's the Arusha Hotel at the clock tower. I'm not certain what there rates are. I've stayed there but wasn't paying my bill so I don't know what was paid. I would guess that it's probably close to $100. It's all brand new and very nice.

Hope this helps.

Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
41 helpful votes
2. Re: Place to stay in Arusha

There are a few good ones that I visited. The Kigongoni lodge is very nice and the rates are 80-120$. We also stayed one night at the Impala in town which is very close if you want to wander in Arusha and check out the markets for souveneirs. I've heard the Moivoiro Coffee Plantation is quite nice Also.

zanzibar
Level Contributor
43 posts
3. Re: Place to stay in Arusha

Arusha Crown hotel is idealy located at Arusha Town is high reccomended services and friendly ranging from usd 70 for double room perperson.

Best wishes.

YUSSUF

California
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
4. Re: Place to stay in Arusha

We stayed one night in Arusha, and we stayed at Karama Lodge. We really liked it. It was out of the city center (not sure how far) and it was rustic. It was up on a hill with lots of trees around. The people there were really nice and the food was very good. I think they have a website with pictures so you can look at it......

Saudi Arabia
4 posts
5. Re: Place to stay in Arusha

Any comments on the Everest Chinese Restaurant and Inn as a place to stay?

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Place to stay in Arusha

I've eaten there quite a few times and it has good chinese food. Never stayed there, and never noticed that they have rooms for rent.

Saudi Arabia
4 posts
7. Re: Place to stay in Arusha

I stayed at the Equator. It's ok but hard to see how it's worth the price. My safari companions stayed at Everest and were very happy. I checked out the rooms and they looked good. $30 a night. The restaurant is surprisingly good and there are hot showers, something lacking at the Equator (during my visit.)

I was attracted by the central location of the Equator but I found myself always heading out of the centre for food and drinks etc. I heard the high rents are forcing businesses out of there.

8. Re: Place to stay in Arusha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, August 14, 2009