We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon July 2010

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon July 2010

Hi,

Me and my fiance are thinking of visiting Tanzania for our honeymoon from around 3rd - 21st July. We would like to do a combination of safari and beach - and I'd particularly like to attempt to see the Migration (though appreciate this is far from guaranteed).

We're quite flexible at the moment and just looking for any for any useful tips on which areas to visit , how to go about getting there, suggested itineraries etc.

Early thoughts are doing the Northern Circuit, followed by Zanzibar or one of the private islands off the Mozambique coast. Does that seem realistic?

I've done safari in Kruger before, where we hired our own car and then arranged walks and further night drives etc through the camps we were staying at - is that possible in the Serengeti or will we require a guide/tour throughout?

As Is say, it's early stage a the moment, so any advice more than appreciated

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,785 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Honeymoon July 2010

Whilst not Islands take a look at Pangani and Ushango.

The Tides has only 9 rooms www.thetideslodge.com and for the looong beach try www.emayanilodge.com Emayani is owned by Tarangire Safari Lodge www.tarangiresafarilodgecom and they would no doubt do a combined package for you if asked. This would get the transfer aspect dealt with too. Tarangire NP is good for Ellies etc., in July.

You could also look at www.saadani.com for an idyllic retreat with wildlife added for spice. Further away and south of DAR are Ras Kutani and Mafia Island but you are into serious money now.

Hope this is along the lines of what you seek.

Tanzania
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Honeymoon July 2010

for out of the way remote beaches etc, Pemba, Mafia, and beaches between Dar and Tanga

I don't know Pemba and have a commericial interest on Mafia so cannot make recommendations for those two in terms of accom. on the mainland, google, Mkoma bay lodge, fish eagle point lodge, the tides all of which are lovely. going south Ras Kutani is really lovely and the old boma at mkandani is worth looking into. i would take a look at the tripadvisor pages for pemba and mafia to start your search for names of lodges/accom which you can then google for their websites.

13. Re: Honeymoon July 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 03, 2010