We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Arusha

Norway
9 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation in Arusha

Hei!

I'm going to Arusha in late August/early September, and I'm staying for about a month. Do you have any reasonable and safe hotels to recommend? I would prefer to stay not too far away from the TAWIRI office.

Also, is it safe for a European girl in her twenties to ride in a taxi alone? I've heard that this can be a problem in Dar, but I don't know about Arusha.

1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Accomodation in Arusha

Hello there,

Have you managed to find any accommodation? Judging by the responses on the forum I am guessing that budget is an issue. I am from The Arusha Hotel which is one of the leading hotels in Arusha and situated right on the Clocktower so very central. Being a large modern hotel we do have all the facilities that you would expect to find from a business hotel which may suit your needs. Please feel free to contact me on marketing@thearushahotel.com if you do need any assistance. our website is www.thearusahhotel.com

Catherine

Hagerman, Idaho
Level Contributor
763 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Accomodation in Arusha

As a fellow female no worried with the taxis in Arusha-I had a shady experience in Dar once too..... There really arnt any real near TAWIRI office but its easy enough to get to and I imagine you dont really need to go there for more than a permit pick up??? A great place to stay is L oasis-they have backpacker rooms for like 18/night with a great full breakfast pool bar and restruant-very nice folk working there. there bandas are more expensive but still reasonable if you have the money (as a student I like the backpacker rooms=beer money:) they have a night gaurd and a gate so its very safe there.

13. Re: Accomodation in Arusha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 15, 2010