We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arusha Resort Center

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford
2 posts
Save Topic
Arusha Resort Center

A friend recommended I stay in the Arusha Resort Center when I am in Arusha but I can't find anything about it on the web or the TZ guidebook I have. Does anyone know firstly if it actually exists and secondly if it is nice to stay in? Thanks.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arusha Resort Center

It is between the Arusha Hotel and the Mt Meru curio markets. I know there is a hairdressers there and a small place to eat. But never knew there was rooms there...

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arusha Resort Center

Hi

It does exist.......but

I used it for some years as a budget hotel, then things went downhill and even when some clients had luggage stolen from the "secure luggage store" it was time to say goodbye.

Oxford
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arusha Resort Center

good to know, i shall avoid it then! thanks a lot for the info. any suggestions of somewhere reasonably priced to stay? I'd like it to have wifi and private bathrooms but i havent found much between the arusha hotel/african tulip price range and the backpackers place.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arusha Resort Center

There's several hotels on Sokoine Street which are less then $20 a night, private baths, hot water shower, clean linens, and secure. I stay at the Arusha Center Tourist Inn on Pangani Street for $25 a night including breakfast, their e-mail is icerestaurant@yahoo.co.uk

Hagerman, Idaho
Level Contributor
754 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arusha Resort Center

Hi

L'Oasis, Karama, Ilboru and New Safari are all in the 50-70 range. These are all nice and safe places where people speak English-which upon arrival to TZ the first time you will appreciate.

A lot of the cheaper places in town-well I really would want to ask what your lifestyle is and what you want out of a vacation. They are in town, lots of traffic, flycatchers, noise etc and if you are on vacation and not into the whole backpacker thing then you may want to pay abit more.

New Safari is in town but on Boma near museum so you are not getting the traffic you get on Sokionie. The other 3 I mentioned Oasis and Ilboru have realy nice floral grounds and a pool while Karama-which is settled among trees has a stellar view of Meru

Just want to make clear-you mentioned that backpacker place-if you mean L Oasis-its NOT a backpacker place-they have an Annex called Backpackers Paradise that is part of their property, L Oasis has private ensuite bandas, nice grounds, great open restaurant and a pool

If you want wi fi-Via Via cafe at the museum on Boma has it.....its a nice place to have a latte (theirs are very good) and enjoy the museum grounds.

6. Re: Arusha Resort Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 18, 2009