We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari company in arusha, Tanzania

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
weehawken, NJ
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Safari company in arusha, Tanzania

I want to tell everyone about a WONDERFUL new and upcoming safari company in Arusha, tanzania.

I came upon this company while walking around downtown Arusha. I used this company for a 4 day, 3 night safari excursion with a couple of my friends. Firstly, the team was extremely professional and friendly. We had a guide, a cook and a driver. Our driver, Reggie was extremely careful as we were a bit skirmish with the roads. He also had an amazing eye when it came to pointing out animals, trees and birds. Our Guide was an avid birdsman and showed us an extensive array of animals, birds and trees. Our cook Anton was particularly nice, the food was excellent and on time. the tents were in great condition. I was particularly impressed with the attention to detail by JANET and THEMBA the owners. My friends and i had been duped by another company that we had booked from the U.S. and were skeptical about tours in general. They went to great lengths to reassure us. It was my birthday the last day of the safari and i was particularly impressed with the card and t- shirt that i received. this is a small company that is starting up and they have gotten it right..... contact info:www.forsterssafaris.com.

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari company in arusha, Tanzania

Hi

Glad to hear you had a good time :-)

It would be of great interest to many to know which company duped you !

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari company in arusha, Tanzania

I would be interested in knowing what company duped you also; and how they did this after making a booking.

weehawken, NJ
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari company in arusha, Tanzania

i would love to tell you the name of the company but i am legally bound not to for now. i can only say that the company had poor vehicles and were not licensed to get into some of the parks. I have some advise though. If You are in Arusha, please check with the Tanzania Tourist Board - located downtown Arusha. they will be able to inform you of the status of the companies..They ensure that the licenses are up to date. I would not go with a company that is not licensed.

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari company in arusha, Tanzania

Lola,

If the company did dupe you, it's your right to express your opinion and name that company in a public forum. I'm sure that a Tanzanian company would not be able to legally prevent you from doing so.

shorpshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari company in arusha, Tanzania

just been to see my sister who lives in arusha and the general opinion is check safari companies before you go via sites like this. bobby tours has not got very good reputation locally but the main thing you need is good guide/driver.

one of the cons they may try is get you pay for extra day in the park by saying you over spent your time and then suggest the guide can bribe the people at the entrance to let them out without paying for a full extra day.you give him the money and on the way out it looks like he is giving the people on the gate some money but its just a show really and pockets the money.

in general the tz people are very fiendly but as the are very poor country they have to get what they can when they can

dave

6. Re: Safari company in arusha, Tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 09, 2009