We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston,Jamaica
Level Contributor
108 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

I was considering staying at the Impala but came across Outpost Lodge...which is significantly cheaper.

Can anyway advise on the advantages/disadvantages of going to one over the other?

Thanks in advance.

Kingston,Jamaica
Level Contributor
108 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

Thanks again guys!!

Will let you know how it goes...even though, by the time I actually go, you may have forgotten what this conversation was all about!!

:-D

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

Nah, We will all be here waiting with bated breath to hear how you made out.

Have a good trip. (Safari njema)

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

M... We'll remember. You are one of the very very few from Jamaica on this forum that posts for Tz information, kind of like the Jamaica Bobsled Team in the Olympics, somethings you don't forget.

Safari njema (have a good trip)!!

Des Moines
6 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

We stayed a few nights at the Outpost about a month ago. It was fine, fairly relaxing, but certainly not luxurious. Our second room was nicer than our first room.

It has a small pool and seemed very safe. You can walk to downtown Arusha during the day without any problem.

The food was good but seemed fairly expensive. And some of the people working there were nice and some of them were not.

The best thing was meeting all the other travelers.

Kingston,Jamaica
Level Contributor
108 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

Thanks Pauline0. I gathered that the Outpost was pretty basic so was not expecting to hear anything about luxury.

By the way long would you say that it took you to walk to downtown Arusha from Outpost?

M

Des Moines
6 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

Hi Moroccomania

It took about 15-20 minutes to walk to the clocktower (I think). That is with 2 kids who are not exactly speed walkers.

Hope that helps.

Kingston,Jamaica
Level Contributor
108 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

Yes, it does.

Thanks much.

M

london
4 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

I am looking for a clean, quiet(ish) hotel with hot water in Arusha, ideally centrally located with decent food and for less than US$50. I have noted the listings here and thought about checking some of them out. Has anyone heard of or stayed at the Naaz hotel? Someone told me it was good. Any advice welcome.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

Samituck... You might get better replies if you post a new thread rather then attaching to someone else's thread. Just a thought.

I've never stayed at the Naaz, but it is right on Sokoine Street in the downtown area of Arusha. I have stayed at the Arusha Center Inn and it has what you're looking for (sometimes you need to remind them to turn on the hot water) and it's $25 a night for non-residents. Also you might want to try the Meru Inn on Sokoine Street, it also meets your requirements and it's about $15 a night. Prices include breakfasts.

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Impala Hotel or Outpost Lodge?

The Naaz has the best breakfasts in Arusha in my opinion. And most tour operators get their boxed lunches there because they have the best boxed lunched. I did sleep at the Naaz once but it was about 14 years ago and I don't remember much. It probably cost a little more than what a Peace Corps volunteer would want to pay. Sorry I don't know any more, but if the food is any indication (rooms are above the restaurant) then there should be some quality there.