We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel with Teen in June

PA
Level Contributor
86 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Travel with Teen in June

If traveling mid June to Tanzania, is it worth finding lodges/camps with pools. I'm assuming it won't be warm enough at that time of year to swim without freezing?

Looking for feedback.

Mentioned in this post
Dashir Lodge & Safaris
Dashir Lodge & Safaris
#1 of 217 Specialty lodging in Arusha
Africa Amini Maasai Lodge
Africa Amini Maasai Lodge
#1 of 1 Specialty lodging in Engare Nanyuki
Kiboko Lodge
Kiboko Lodge
#2 of 217 Specialty lodging in Arusha
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel with Teen in June

Average high temperature in June in the Serengeti is 79F. Colder up on the crater.

Mentioned in this post
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel with Teen in June

We traveled in July. Was def too cold to swim at Tarangire and ngorongoro, which were the sites for us that had pools. Would be warm enough in the Serengeti; very cool in the AM, pants and sweatshirt but very hot in afternoon.

Mentioned in this post
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel with Teen in June

All lodge with swimm pool but there is not swimming pool in wilderness camps and in ngorongoro crater rim is cold but sopa lodge there is swimming pool but june is not too warm

Edited: 9:39 am, December 21, 2016
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel with Teen in June

We travelled with 3 teenagers, not in June though. I did the same as you, I tried to find a mix of lodges with pools. The best place was the Lake Eysai Kisea Ngenda Tented Camp. The camp was beautiful with a pool and was the perfect spot to visit the Hasabe and Dtoga tribes which was a highlight of the trip for the kids and adults. Here is my trip report if your interested.

safaritalk.net/topic/…

Moshi, Tanzania
Level Contributor
530 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel with Teen in June

Hi Jenlscott,

What is your anticipated itinerary look like? This could help people propose a lodge with a pool and also propose if there will even be time to enjoy a pool. Shorter itineraries may not allow for pool time as you are out more than at the lodge.

6. Re: Travel with Teen in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 23, 2017