We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Tao Yuan -Yilan - Wuling Farm

Which Taoyuan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
Transportation Tao Yuan -Yilan - Wuling Farm

Planning a trek to Xue Shan in Oct 2014, Need advise on public transport. I got all my permit printed out, so excited. Is transportation giving me the headache.

1) How do i go from Tao Yuan Airport - Yilan - Wuling Farm? Train or Public Bus? Need advance booking either one??

2) From Yilan - Wuling Farm i need to take Kuo - Kuang Bus?? which color or what number ?? Bus schedule in english ??

3) travelling companion 1-2...(female) safe to hitch hike??

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,592 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Tao Yuan -Yilan - Wuling Farm

1) Board Kuo Kuang bus at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TTIA) to Taipei Main Station. Fare: NT$125 Travel time: About 50~55 mins.

Board Kamalan buses (葛瑪蘭客運) at Taipei Bus Station (Q Square 4th floor) to Yilan. Kamalan bus travels via Freeway 5 and the 12.9km Shuehshan Tunnel. Travel time: About 45~50 mins. Purchase bus ticket just before boarding the bus. No need to purchase in advance as bus departures are frequent.

Kamalan bus: http://www.kamalan.com.tw

2) Kuo Kuang buses #1751 depart Yilan Transfer Station (at rear of Yilan Railway Station) daily at 0730 and 1240 hrs to Lishan via Wuling Farm. Fare: NT$285 (Yilan to Wuling Farm) Travel time: About 3 hrs (Yilan to Wuling Farm)

Kuo Kuang Bus: http://www.kingbus.com.tw

3) Taiwanese are generally kind and friendly. I hitch hiked some times in Taiwan. My offers to pay a token for accepting my hitch hikes were declined by the drivers who are locals. Many thanks to the Taiwanese who had assisted me during my solo trips.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Hualien, Nantou, Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Tao Yuan -Yilan - Wuling Farm

The last bus to Wuling leaves at 12:40 so unless you arrive Taoyuan early in the morning, you may need to spend a night at Taipei or Yilan.

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation Tao Yuan -Yilan - Wuling Farm

hey thanks buddies…….you guys are great…...yeah i just booked my ticket….7:10am from Singapore…Reached Tao Yuan Airport 11:55am…..22-27Oct…..

1) Xue Shan do we need guide to bring us thru?? summit??

2) The 2 Hut do they hv stove there?? for us to cook?? drinking water there too??

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Hualien, Nantou, Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation Tao Yuan -Yilan - Wuling Farm

1. You are not required to have a guide and probably don't need one if you are only heading to the main peak. Further west and it would be another story.

2. I'm not sure but usually you are expected to bring portable stoves by yourselves.

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation Tao Yuan -Yilan - Wuling Farm

Hi,

Am from Singapore and also planning a trip up Xueshan Main Peak. Are there porters for hire ? Anyone knows of any local contacts ?

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation Tao Yuan -Yilan - Wuling Farm

hi wanderstarlet,

may i noe when r you planning to go??

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation Tao Yuan -Yilan - Wuling Farm

hello my friends,

Can tell me how do i get to taipei stn from taoyaun airport??

8. Re: Transportation Tao Yuan -Yilan - Wuling Farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 15, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Taoyuan