We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling alone in Taichung for 2 days

Which Taichung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling alone in Taichung for 2 days

Hi guys

I'll be going to Taichung next week for 2 days. I'm planning to visit the doraemon exhibition. Other than that, is there any recommendations of places that I should go?

Looking for alternatives aside taking taxi if possible. But many of the attractions are far off the city if i'm not wrong?

Thank you for chipping in!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
824 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling alone in Taichung for 2 days

Where are you planning to stay in Taichung? If you are staying near the main rail station, there are plenty of public transportation to get around attractions within the city. Now, I'm interested in visiting the Doremon exhibit as well. Please let us know if you've figured out how to get there and if the exhibit was worth it. Thanks.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling alone in Taichung for 2 days

just went to the doraemon exhibition pretty good. they have many models of the various doraemon gadgets over the years and some of the original manga that was drawn.

it is about 5 mins walk from the taichung HSR station. it opens till 5pm on weekdays and 6pm on weekends/public holiday. forgot when it opened though.

in taichung city itself you can visit yi zhong street/fengjia NM. you can also venture out to SML or xitou by bus. if you want to go xinshe you will probably need to hire a driver for that

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling alone in Taichung for 2 days

hi guys, thanks for the feedback

Moonlight, I'm planning to stay at CityInn. Their taipei hotel is good, so opting for the same hotel at taichung.

Will check out the doremon exhit and let you know.

Thanks nutzz, will check out the yi zhong street and fengjia nm. Seems like SML is more accessible compared to other outskirts poi.

4. Re: Travelling alone in Taichung for 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 21, 2014