We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver needed, itin help! Taichung-Cingjing-SML-Alishan

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Driver needed, itin help! Taichung-Cingjing-SML-Alishan

Hi all,

Planning a trip for 26/dec-31/dec, starting out in Taichung 26/dec arrival at 9:40am, planning to head to Cingjing as we plan to book Top Cloud Villa for 2 nights, What is there to do in Cingjing? Flying cow, farm, anything else? Then on 28/dec, I want to hire a driver to go from Cingjing to SML to Alishan stopping on the way for other sights. Any recommendations on where to stop on that route? Also, how long to stay at SML? I haven't decided whether to stay at Alishan for 1 or 2 night, was wondering if anyone has recommendations on nearby place to stay for 1 night instead of Alishan so I can do more sightseeing? But I will be going back to Taichung on 30th and staying in city center 1 night before heading out back to HK on 31st morning. What is there to see in Taichung city center?

So I haven't decided on my stay during 28th and 29th, any place near Alishan worth staying at? Or any must see places I should add to my itinerary?

I'm looking for a driver too, I've e-mailed a few but no replies yet!

Penang
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Driver needed, itin help! Taichung-Cingjing-SML-Alishan

Can share me ur itinerary too? May i know how much u hire the driver?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Driver needed, itin help! Taichung-Cingjing-SML-Alishan

Hi, during which month did you went?

Singapore
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Driver needed, itin help! Taichung-Cingjing-SML-Alishan

Hi,

My family (2 adults and 2 teenaged boys) are also planning to visit Taiwan for the 1st time on 20 Dec - 30 Dec. Planning to visit Taipei, Taichung, Hualien, Yilan. Also visiting and staying in Cingling Farm. Not sure how to plan the places of interest and routes, whether we should hire a cab/driver or take the public transport. Greatly appreciate if you or those familiar with Taiwan to give suggestions/recommendations as well as hotels/minsus.

My email address is lohyinpheng@yahoo.com.sg

Greatly appreciate your help with sharing of itineraries. Thanks much!

Edited: 5:13 am, June 13, 2014
84. Re: Driver needed, itin help! Taichung-Cingjing-SML-Alishan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 15, 2015