We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

Which Taichung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

Planning a trip for two to taichung & taipei this April...(which is in a few weeks time!)

Day 1 – Arrive at Taoyuan Airport at 13:35

Take shuttle bus from Taoyuan Airport to HSE Taoyuan then take HSR to Taichung and lastly, take a taxi to Taichung city (to our accommodation) (I’m estimating that the entire travelling time would take ~1 hr 30 mins)

Arrive at accomodation (at around 15:30 or so, hopefully no delays)

Visit Fengjia night market in the late evening/night. Then back to minsu.

Any suggestions on what we can do before visiting fengjia night market at night? :)

Is there time to visit 心之芳庭 and 纸箱王 at 大坑?

Any suggestions on the places we could stay in Taichung? We are looking at Apple vacation, kiwi express hotel and 民宿-J&I逢甲美宿馆. We are most likely considering the last minsu option. Hope to get some advice :)

Day 2 – We plan to go to Shinshe from Taichung (take the fengyuan bus to shinshe and then take the shuttle service 新社协会接驳导览车 which requires advance booking) (not sure how long this would take, estimating ~1 hr 30 mins)

Places we intend to visit in Shinshe are Lavender Cottage, Princess Annie’s Garden, summit resort and mushroom garden (seems like there are a few, not sure which is the recommended one) We’re hoping to spend only max. 4 hrs at Shinshe as we would like to visit Sun Moon Lake in the afternoon and then catch a bus back to Taichung (get our luggages) and then back to Taipei by bus/HSR. Is enough time to fulfill the itinerary for day 2?

Day 3 – In Taipei (Accomodation most likely at Ximending)

YangMingShan + visit the Zhuzihu Calla Lily Festival 2012

Xin Bei Tou (Any recommendations for hot spring?)

Shilin night market

Day 4 – In Taipei

Hello Kitty Café (near Zhongxiao Fuxing Station), Taipei 101, Mr J’s Restaurant near Taipei Medical University.

Wu Fen Pu + Raohe night market

Day 5 – Accomodation at Jiufen (minsu)

Set off early to Jiufen.

Yehliu geopark or gold ecological park

Day 6 - Accomodation back at Ximending

yehliu geopark or gold ecological park

Shifen (to release sky lanterns)

tamshui + fisherman's wharf (if time permits)

Day 7 – Home sweet home (14:35 flight)

Hope to get some feedback on the itinerary :) Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

hi, for day 1 i don't think there's time to visit the places as when you reach your accomodation place, it is already 3pm+4pm. Cos i book an uncle for 1 day trip to 5 places in Shinshe, he say will take about 8hrs (including journey to and fro).

I recommend you to go to Yizhong street before going to fengjia night market.

As for accomodation, it depends on your budget and the area you want to stay?anyway you should book your accomodation asap! it's quite late to book now. I stayed at kiwi express hotel before, it is not bad. I'm going to Taiwan in early May, will be staying at iTravel @ Yizhong Street.

(Website: http://itravel.gogoblog.tw/room.php?ptype=room_class)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

Hi vieon,

Thank you for your input :)

As I'll be taking an earlier flight to Taipei, thereby reaching Taoyuan Airport at 6am. So will be reaching Taichung at ~8am or so. Seems like I'll be able to do a day trip to Shinshe on Day 1 itself. And probably SML + Cingjing on Day 2.

I'm planning to hire a driver for 2 persons. Just wondering, is it more worth it to hire a driver for both Shinshe and SML+Cingjing day trips? Or should I just hire driver for the SML+Cingjing day trip will do?

I heard that we can go by public transport (bus) and shinshe tour bus for the Shinshe trip (Lavender cottage, Annie's garden, mushroom farm, summit resort) and moncoeur + carton king.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

With regards to Taichung accomodation,

I was looking at Tomato Rooms and J&I逢甲美宿館. Both seems near to Fengjia night market. Can't really decide between the two though! :/ Any advice regarding this? :)

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

Hi fervent_desire,

Can I know oh which dates will you be heading to Taichung?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

Hi blurpig,

Will be in Taichung on 20th and 21st April :)

Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

DAY 1 you can go to TungHai university before going to Fengchia.

Day 2 the intinerary is too tighht. Maybe you can go to 紙箱王 or 心之芳庭at morning and head to SML at noon.

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

Hi fervent_desire,

Can I know oh which dates will you be heading to Taichung?

24th and 25th. So near!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

hi! im not very sure abt the public transport/shinshe tour bus. but you are sure you can travel by the public transport then hiring a driver for SML+Cingjing for 1 day should be enough. and can save $ since only 2 of you. ^^

anyway how much did your driver charger for SML+Cingjing?

for accommodation wise, i have friends who stayed at tomato room before, they quite like it. and also i saw a few ppl review on tomato room was good too. but they are a bit more pricey i guess? the J&I逢甲美宿館 looks good too but the location wise, seems a bit far?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

Hi smartweelly,

Thank you for your input :)

Due to change of plans, I'll be arriving in Taichung in the early morning which means I'll have more time to visit the desired attractions after all!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Appreciate some feedback on itinerary :)

Hi blurpig,

Yes indeed, so near! I'll be in Taipei - Jiufen on those days :)