We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 3 things to do in Taichung

Which Taichung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Top 3 things to do in Taichung

hello.. i am planning to take a day trip to Taichung via Bullet Train aka THSR.. just wondering how long will it take from Taipei to Taichung and when is the latest time to return to Taipei via the THSR..

that said, what are the top 3 things that i should do when i am in Taichung.. ^^u any ideas?

Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 3 things to do in Taichung

It takes about an hour to get to taichung from taipei via HSR.

Check train timings here:http://www.thsrc.com.tw/tc/?lc=tc

Top three things... hmm that's tough!~ Architecture at Donghai University, Bubble tea and shopping at Jingming First Street and Fengjia Night Market.

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 3 things to do in Taichung

thanks for that.. ^^u i wonder if the top 3 things in Taichung are all within walking distance from each other.. otherwise it will probably take some fact-finding before i manage to get to these places..

if however, they are all pretty near to each other.. then perhaps i should expand my list of top three things to do in Taichung to Top 10 things to do.. ^^u

though it seems everyone else is swearing by Tainan.. hmm.. ^^u is Tainan much better in terms of culture, history, food, etc than Taichung?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 3 things to do in Taichung

Taichung or Tainan?

These are some threads which you might have come across already. My vote goes to Tainan after I visited both. Of course, the choice is yours.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297910-i12704-k34…

tripadvisor.com/…19299733

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293913-i9546-k217…

SG
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 3 things to do in Taichung

hi!

Don't know whether this will help you, but I also asked similar stuff when I planned to tour Taichung city. hope this helps.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293910-i9303-k233…

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 3 things to do in Taichung

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me approximate how much is the cab fare from Taichung railway station to Fengjia night market?

TKS

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,752 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 3 things to do in Taichung

Cab fare from Taichung Railway Station to Fengjia night market should be around NT$220

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 3 things to do in Taichung

Tks TaiwanDIY

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 3 things to do in Taichung

The "night market" in Taichung is rated as a "must see" by the local travel brochure. I didn't think much of it as it is dominated by 18 to 25 year olds from a nearby college. There are few places to buy a beer or wine in the market area.

I found the hot springs at Kylin just outside the city to be a better experience.

9. Re: Top 3 things to do in Taichung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:32 am, October 22, 2010