We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taichung (near Fengjia market) to Cingjing accom in end Nov

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taichung (near Fengjia market) to Cingjing accom in end Nov

We are three adults & one 5yo child. We can't read mandarin but can speak basic mandarin/hokkien.

We noticed that most ppl hire a driver to travel from Taichung to Cingjing. What is the rate for such service? Any recommendation?

Besides hiring a private driver, is there any other way to travel from Taichung to Cingjing? What is the best / convenient public transportation to use?

Mentioned in this post
5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
646 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taichung (near Fengjia market) to Cingjing accom in end Nov

It is possible to travel from Taichung to CingJing by bus and it is easy. There is a regular bus service between Puli and CingJing and regular services between Taichung and Puli. I don't know whether it is possible to get a bus that goes all the way to Puli from Taichung. Puli bus station is a busy station. None of the ticket sellers can speak English. However, if you can can speak Mandarin then you should be able to speak to them. Catching the right bus is not a problem because bus destinations are shown in English. However, buying a ticket can be an issue. However, if you are using an EasyCard you will be OK because you won't need to buy a ticket.

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Taichung (near Fengjia market) to Cingjing accom in end Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 03, 2018

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taichung (near Fengjia market) to Cingjing accom in end Nov

So it means i will have to take a bus from Taichung to Puli, and then from Puli to Cingjing? Where will the bus stop in Cingjing?

Do I buy my ticket from Taichung all the way to Cingjing in Taichung? Or I have to buy two separate tickets, one time in Taichung and one time in Puli?

Mentioned in this post
Macau, China
Level Contributor
7,018 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taichung (near Fengjia market) to Cingjing accom in end Nov

>>So it means i will have to take a bus from Taichung to Puli, and then from Puli to Cingjing?

Yes

>>Where will the bus stop in Cingjing?

There are a number of bus stops there. It is better to ask your accommodation for the nearest bus stop.

>>Do I buy my ticket from Taichung all the way to Cingjing in Taichung? Or I have to buy two separate tickets, one time in Taichung and one time in Puli?

You do not need to purchase the ticket in advance. You can simply pay the fare on the buses using cash or Easy Card. For the transfer, you need to take the order ticket at the Service Center of Nan Tou Bus in Taichung Gancheng Bus Station or the HSR Taichung Station. Here is the schedule that can offer the instant transfer.

http://www.ntbus.com.tw/cjfm.html

Mentioned in this post
Taichung Station
Taichung Station
620 Reviews
Central District, Taichung
Penang Island...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taichung (near Fengjia market) to Cingjing accom in end Nov

Thanks for the reply.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I don't need to purchase any tickets in advance. On that day, I will go to Taichung Gancheng Bus Station and look for the bus going to Puli. I can pay using cash or EasyCard on the bus itself. Also, I need to take the order ticket at the Service Center of Nan Tou Bus in Taichung.

In Puli station, I will take that order ticket, and take the bus towards Cingjing. Also, no advance ticket required as I can pay using cash or EasyCard on the bus.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Taichung (near Fengjia market) to Cingjing accom in end Nov
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted