We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7D6n in taiwan

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
7D6n in taiwan

i was planning to go Kaohsiung, Kenting and Green Island and perhaps Tainan if time permits.

I would be travelling from Taoyuan Intl Airport to the southern part of tw and on the 7th day i would need to travel back to Taoyuan,

anyone could advise what would be the best route to start and end with?

Appreciate the ans!! :)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7D6n in taiwan

Suggested itinerary route:

Taoyuan > Kaohsiung > Kenting > Fangliao > Taitung > Green Island > Taitung > Tainan > Taoyuan

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 7D6n in taiwan

Hi Taiwan DIY,

thanks for the suggestion, as this is the first time planning for tw trip.. are they possible to complete in 7d6n? if I were to spend 2 days in Kaohsiung and 2 days in kenting, would I have enough time for green island?

Edited: 3:37 am, July 20, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7D6n in taiwan

It is possible to complete in 7D 6N including Green Island if you are not including Taipei in this trip.

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 7D6n in taiwan

hi taiwandiy, many thanks for your kind advice.

would you be kind enough to assist me with the estimated transport timing and place to board from kenting to taitung to green island? and also green island to taitung to tainan so that i can guage my timing?

thanks a lot

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 7D6n in taiwan

Along Kenting main street, board bus to Fangliao Station. The route is operated by a few bus companies – Kaohsiung bus, Pingtung bus, Chungnan bus, Kuo Kuang bus. Board railway train to Taitung-Hsin Railway Station.

Regular shuttle buses serve the link between Taitung-Hsin Railway Station and the bus station in the city centre, about 10 mins ride. From the bus station in Taitung city centre, take a Hualien or Dingdong bus heading north on the coastal road towards Jingpu or Hualien. Alight at Fugang Harbour stop to embark on 50 mins ferry ride to Green Island. Do check the ferry departure times as trips to Green Island are few in a day.

Do the reverse from Green Island to Taitung-Hsin Railway Station for train ride to Tainan.

Edited: 2:44 am, July 21, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 7D6n in taiwan

Hi,

can anyone advise how to get to Dajenshan Hotel in kenting?

I will be travelling from Kaohsiung to Kenting.

Would appreciate if the route being advised from Kaohsiung to Dajenshan Hotel - kenting.

Thanks a lot in advance

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 7D6n in taiwan

Dajenshan Hotel is at No.302, Kending Rd, Kenting, Kenting, Taiwan 946

Board Kenting Express Bus #9188 from Zuoying (in Kaoshiung) to Kenting via expressway no. 88.

Kenting Express #9188 and #9117 have regular departures to Kenting.

Bus route #9117 is operated by a few bus companies – Kaohsiung KS bus, Pingtung bus, Chungnan, Kuo Kuang bus via provincial highway no. 17 as you can see from the website www.ksbus.com.tw/schedule/part2-9117.htm

Bus #9117 departs from bus station near Kaohsiung Railway Station.

From Zuoying Station you can take Taiwan Tourist Shuttle Bus #9189, which takes about 2 hours to Kenting. Bus leaves every 30 minutes.

www.taiwantrip.com.tw/Besttour/Info/?id=14

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 7D6n in taiwan

Can anyone look through and advise if the itinerary is ok? Also, should my first day be in kenting instead of Kaoshiung since i realised that Fangliao is around Kaoshiung also??? Appreciate all your kind advice on all 5 QNS!! Many thanks in advance!!

13/9 Fri Day 1: Kaohsuing

1.35pm: Arrival at T2.

3pm: HSR station

5pm: Zuoying HSR R16

6pm: check-in Sanduo shopping district - Sanduo Hotel

7pm: R10 Formosa Boulevard - Dome of light/Liuhe night market

14/9 Sat Day 2: Kaohsiung (Cijin Island)

10am: OL 01 Sizihwan: Takao Railway Museum / Cijin Island

7pm: R14 Kaohsiung Arena 巨蛋站: RuiFeng Night Market

15/9 Sun Day 3: Kenting

8.15am: checkout of Sanduo hotel

9am: Kaohsiung Railway Station – took bus 9117

(Q1. able to advise on the cost of this?)

12pm: Kenting

(2. but how to get to Dajenshan Hotel from the place I alight in Kenting?)

1pm: check in Dajenshan Hotel

2pm: Kenting national park

4.30pm: (3. any other recommendations)

7.30pm: Pingtung Tourist Night Market

16/9 Mon Day 4: Kenting

9am:

(1) 龍磐草原 Long Pan Cao Yuan

(2) 風吹砂 Feng Chui Sha

(3) 佳樂水 Jia Le Shui

(4) 恒春 Heng Chun

(5) 貓鼻頭

(6) 後壁湖觀光半潛艇

(7) 關山 Guan Shan

(8) 出火 Chu Huo

(9) Si Chong Xi hotspring

(10) CHUSHUI (出水)

(11) 社頂自然公園

(12) 鵝鑾鼻燈塔

7pm: KENTING NIGHT MARKET (墾丁大街夜市)

(4. Is there a different between kenting night market & pingtung tourist night market?)

Day 5: Green Island

9.30am: check out of Dajenshan Hotel

10am

(5. there is supposed to be bus 855 as per this site http://www.ptbus.com.tw/03/0301a.htm but i dun see it.. HELP!! Also advise how long is the journey from Kenting to Fangliao )

As per advised:

From Taitung Railway Station take a TRA train to Fangliao Railway Station Fare: NT$145 to NT$225 (depending on type of train) Travel time: about 1.5hrs.

At Fangliao Railway Station, transfer to bus 855 (Fare: NT$177) or 856 (Fare: NT$154). The bus frequency is 10 to 15 mins. You can also board the 88-express bus which makes a stop at Fangliao before proceeding to Kenting. Bus travel time: about 1hr.

Day 6: Green Island

No planning yet

As per advised:

Along Kenting main street, board bus to Fangliao Station. The route is operated by a few bus companies – Kaohsiung bus, Pingtung bus, Chungnan bus, Kuo Kuang bus. Board railway train to Taitung-Hsin Railway Station.

Regular shuttle buses serve the link between Taitung-Hsin Railway Station and the bus station in the city centre, about 10 mins ride. From the bus station in Taitung city centre, take a Hualien or Dingdong bus heading north on the coastal road towards Jingpu or Hualien. Alight at Fugang Harbour stop to embark on 50 mins ferry ride to Green Island. Do check the ferry departure times as trips to Green Island are few in a day.

Do the reverse from Green Island to Taitung-Hsin Railway Station for train ride to Tainan.

Day 7: Taoyuan

4.05pm: back to Taoyuan Intl Airport

singapore
Level Contributor
111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7D6n in taiwan

hi noobsg

been reading on the q&a in ta

we planning a 7days/6nites free and easy holiday

taipei - kaoshiung- hua lien - taipei

we arrv taipei 27 sep plan to stay overnite in taipei.

28 sep we either take the bullet train or local expresss

[4hrs 50mins ] to kaohsiung for 3d/2n

from kaohsiung to hua lian either by taxi or train for 2d/1n

and back to taipei

we need your help regarding booking of hotel in kaohsiung

can you recommended any hotels within 10-15 mins walking distance

to night market, food etc, budget $100/nite

thks much

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 7D6n in taiwan

Hi

We are planning a 12 day trip to Taiwan in November 201, details below. Can someone advise if the itinerary is to hectic and if it is worth going to Alishan just to watch sun rise. If not, we will travel directly from Kaoshiung to Taichung by Bullet train then to Nantou. Also, need recommendation for hotels/minsu in Hualien, Kaoshiung, Alishan, Nantou. Thanks.

Date Destination

10/11/2013 Taipei

National Palace Museum>Martyr's shrine>Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall >101>Shida Night Market

Martyr's shrine: change of guards ceremony starts at 9:00AM,changers once on the hour till 4:30 PM

11/11/2013 Taipei

Yehliu>Jiufen>Pingxi Old street

"To Feng Chun Villa at No. 20, Yulan, Datong Township, Yilan County 267, Tel: +886-3-9801942

email: spinggogogo@yahoo.com.tw"

12/11/2013 Yilan

Nature walks around Feng Chun Villa

National Centre for Traditional Arts

Dongshan river water park (in winter?Jiaoxi Hot Spring is better for this season)

Yilan Winery

Yilan Dongmen Tourist Night Market

13/11/2013 Hualien

early train:Yilan-Hualien

Chang Chun Temple

Hualien's Triangle Shopping area

Chishingtan Beach

Zi Qiang Night Market

14/11/2013 Hualien

Taroko National Park

Taroko Monumental

15/11/2013 Kaoshiung

early train:Hualien-Kaoshiung

Pier 2 Arts Centre

Ai-River

16/11/2013 Kaoshiung

Shi-Hzuwan

Liuhe Night Market

Train:Kaoshiung- Ali Shan

17/11/2013 Chiayi

Ali Shan Sun Rise

Train: Chiayi -Nantou

18/11/2013 Nantou

Formosan Aboriginal Cultural village

Ci'entang

Xiangshan Visitor Center

19/11/2013 Nantou

Aowanda National Frest Recreation area

Qingjing Farm

20/11/2013 Nantou

"Sunlinksea (for more info ,please check http://www.goto307.com.tw/)

"

Xitou Monster village

Paper Dome

back to Taipei

21/11/2013 Taipei