We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Kaohsiung to Meinong to Fo Guang Shan to E-Da World.

Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
From Kaohsiung to Meinong to Fo Guang Shan to E-Da World.

Hi, can anyone advice which place should I visit first? A total of 8 person including 2 senior citizens and 2 children.

I understand that Meinong Cultural Village is further than Fo Guang Shan so I thought of visiting Meinong from Kaohsiung first then to Fo Guang Shan then to E-Da (if able to). I saw most of the tourists go to Fo Guang Shan then to Meinong then back to Kaohsiung without visiting E-Da but it seems like going a big round. I also have no idea how to get from Meinong to Fo Guang Shan or from Fo Guang Shan to E-Da. I only know that I'm able to take bus 151 from Kaohsiung to Meinong, any other bus and how long will the journey takes? What is the bus fare? Should I take taxi instead?

I don't know whether able to fit all 3 places in a day's trip.. So would like to seek advice and which place to visit first but ideally, E-Da put it as last since I expect my sister will shop till she drops.. Haha..

1) Kaohsiung -> Meinong -> Fo Guang Shan -> E-Da -> Kaohsiung OR

2) Kaohsiung -> Fo Guang Shan -> Meinong -> E-Da -> Kaohsiung

So hope someone can advice me of the bus number, bus fare and the traveling time? Oh.. Of course which place to visit first.. Thanks in advance! =)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
9,163 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Kaohsiung to Meinong to Fo Guang Shan to E-Da World.

There are E-da shuttle buses departing Zuoying HSR Station to E-Da Theme park/mall and Fo Guang Shan.

Suggest Kaohsiung -> Fo Guang Shan -> Meinong (Hakka cuisine lunch) -> E-Da -> Kaohsiung

This thread has some information: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293910-i9303-k498…

Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Kaohsiung to Meinong to Fo Guang Shan to E-Da World.

Thank you! Sorry, may I ask you another question? Is the forest railway to Alishan still operating? Thanks! =)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,163 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From Kaohsiung to Meinong to Fo Guang Shan to E-Da World.

Presently, the famous Alishan forest train linking Chiayi city and Alishan is not in operation.

At Chiayi Railway Station (in Chiayi city), board Chiayi bus or hire a cab uphill to Alishan. Chiayi Railway Station – Alishan bus timetable: www.cybus.gov.tw/TIMETABLE/TIMETABLE.pdf

There are also public buses departing Chiayi HSR Station (outside Chiayi city) to Alishan twice a day, at 10.10 am and 11.40 am.

The Zhushan Line, Zhaoping Line and Sacred Tree (Shenmu) Line within Alishan Forest Recreation area are operating.

Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Kaohsiung to Meinong to Fo Guang Shan to E-Da World.

Thanks alot for your help! Any idea, how to book a stay at Fo Guang Shan?? My family keeps changing mind.. Sorry to trouble you!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,163 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Kaohsiung to Meinong to Fo Guang Shan to E-Da World.

I am not sure about the booking procedures. I know that advance booking is required for stay at Prilgrim's Lodge, participate in their classes and retreats. Check out their website.

Fo Kuang Shan Monastery: http://www.fgs.org.tw/

6. Re: From Kaohsiung to Meinong to Fo Guang Shan to E-Da World.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 11, 2014