We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taroko Gorge And Seaview Minsu questions

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Topic
Taroko Gorge And Seaview Minsu questions

Hi! I will be in Hualien 11 Aug and 12 Aug. My question is:

1) Do we need a whole day at Taroko Gorge on first day or I can just go next day: Hualien -> Taroko -> He huan shan -> Cingjing?

2) Is there any minsu walking distance to the sea and town (nanbin night market)? bayview minsu is fully booked for the days I want.

Can anybody with experience advise please? I will greatly appeciate it! Many thanks in advance :)

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taroko Gorge And Seaview Minsu questions

Depend on your tour style, Taroko Gorge at least you need half day to cover few interesting places. If you start you journey from Hualien in the early morning, by the time you finished tour at Taroko, it will be around noon. If you continue with private driver all the way to Cingjing, it will take roughly 4-5 hours and you should reach there around sunset. Not all drivers will drive this route so you need to search around. Pray hard, weather will be good and no landslide happen at this time.

Stayed at Bayview hotel with seaview room and located next to chisingtan beach. Can't advice you about Nanbin night market.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
9,063 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taroko Gorge And Seaview Minsu questions

A traveller's review on Nanbin night market: tripadvisor.com/…40365579

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taroko Gorge And Seaview Minsu questions

Try Heartstay B&B: 花莲定心阁民宿

http://heartstay.hotel.com.tw/zh-cn/

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
9,063 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taroko Gorge And Seaview Minsu questions

1) Taroko Gorge is along the route between Hualien city and Cingjing. You can visit Taroko Gorge along the way from Hualien city to He Huan Shan, then to Cingjing in a full day.

If you intend to explore in detail and hike the trails in Taroko Gorge, then another full day in Taroko Gorge may be necessary.

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taroko Gorge And Seaview Minsu questions

Thanks Daniel, TaiwanDIY and FunPlay! I have decided to go Taroko, He Huan Shan then to Cingjing in a full day. Really appreciate the advice! :)

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taroko Gorge And Seaview Minsu questions

Yes, it's doable but I strongly suggest you to break it become two days trip. Start your Taroko tour in the early morning, by noon should be complete and back to Hualien town for lunch and few sight seeing and stay at any hotels/minsus for the night.

Next day, start your journey in the early morning all the way to Cingjing & Hehuanshan. You should be reach there around noon and plenty of time to visit this few places before sunset.

7. Re: Taroko Gorge And Seaview Minsu questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 18, 2013