We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to estimate the train time if i wanna book online?

Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
How to estimate the train time if i wanna book online?

Hi,

my flight will reach taiwan at 6am, 26/9 wednesday. I want to travel to Hualien once i reach.

In this case, how do i travel from airport to hualien? I saw from some advisors post is to take KuoKuang bus to Taipei main station & then transfer to TRA train to Hualien. So what train timing can i book in advance? Do i really have to book? So confused...

My plan is to stay in Hualien minsu for two nights. The day i touch down Hualien, i will go around Hualien. Is one day enough?

And... the next day i plan to travel from Hualien to Yilan for hotsprings and Luodong NM. How do i travel from Hualien to Yilan? How long is the journey?

Please advise.... Thank you!! (:

Mentioned in this post
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Yilan
Yilan
Taiwan
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to estimate the train time if i wanna book online?

for my last year trip, my planned almost similar to yours but due to weather condition at east coast, i changed my itinerary to visit central first before going to west coast, south and then east coast before endup in taipei.

this is what i planned last year and hopefully it will be usefull to you. arrival 6am and nothing goes wrong, you should be exit airport by 6.30, take a cab to taoyuan TRA (note: TRA and not HSR), reach there around 7am. based to TRA train schedule, you can take train 274 tze chiang express depart at 7.45 and reach hualien around 10.50am. just to play safe incase flight arrival delayed, you also can take train 652 chu kuang express depart at 8.37am or train 654 chu kuang express depart at 9.32am. either trains journey roughly 4hours plus and you should arrive hualien around 1-2pm.

online booking 45 days in advance so i can't check the sept journey date for you. please note maybe train schedule will change due to weather or other circumstances. also, i can't advice about booking in advance due to i travelled with private guide/driver on my last year trip. maybe other members here can give a better advice about public transport.

now about hualien. i will allocate half day for taroko gorge itself. i didn't visit other places except the chisingtan beach that located outside the hotel that i stayed. let other members advice about night market and other attraction places.

hualien to yilan. by TRA, the journey should be around one hour plus minus depend on train type.

Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to estimate the train time if i wanna book online?

oh.. thanks for the info. I find it really difficult to estimate the timing of the train. It all depends on the weather and traffic that day. What did you do in Hualien besides what you have said?

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to estimate the train time if i wanna book online?

travelled from south, reached hualien bayview around 8pm, too late to go anywhere. next morning, sunrise at chisingtan beach, breakfast, checked out, went to taroko gorge, noon travelled to yilan.

4. Re: How to estimate the train time if i wanna book online?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:41 am, June 21, 2013