We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

清水斷崖

Which Hualien hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
清水斷崖

hi, i was quoted by one of the driver for additional TWD 500 to visit this place. can i know what is so special at this place? and is it worth a visit?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,671 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 清水斷崖

Cingshuei Cliff (outside Taroko Gorge, along Suao-Hualien coastal highway) between Heren and Chongde is the most spectacular cliff that drops almost vertically into Pacific Ocean. Heren is about 16 km from Taroko. It is about 25 mins drive from Taroko to Heren. Cingshuei Cliff is one of the “must-see” places in Taroko National Park besides Eternal Spring Shrine, Swallow’s Grottos, Tunnel of Nine Turns, Tienhsiang and Baiyang Trail.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 清水斷崖

Only go there when the weather is good (nice and sunny), or else you would find that it is not worth the extra NT500. The cab driver I hired also quoted the same, but we didn't take the offer as it was a gloomy day and it wouldn't be as spectacular as it should be.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 清水斷崖

thanks for the reply. well, will only decide on that day itself..

4. Re: 清水斷崖

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, December 07, 2010