We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Al Fardoos Restaurant

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
139 reviews
Al Fardoos Restaurant

If you walk out of the Palmyra Museum and make a right, you will be heading up the main street past some hotels. About three blocks down on the left is Al Fardoos Restaurant. My wife had lunch there and really liked it. It is Syrian food, not "tourist" food - the staff spoke English, it was clean, and the food was very tasty. Later we hired a driver to take us to the Citadel and when he brought us back into town we told him we had eaten there and the first thing he said was "That place is very clean!" We went there for dinner and our driver picked up food for his family (that was a good sign) and my wife and I got a bunch of stuff to go. Again it was well prepared, fresh and inexpensive (SP 500 for two). So, this is a great place. I suggested to TA that they list in the restaurant section for reviews but unfortunately I was not able to provide enough details (address, phone number, etc.) to meet the listing criteria so they suggested I post a comment about it here in the forum. By all means I give this place 5 stars for a nice, down home family restaurant serving REAL Syrian food.

1 reply
Melbourne
Level Contributor
166 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Al Fardoos Restaurant

Thanks for that, we stayed at Ishtar hotel and found their food clean, but hubby and two others that we know of got food poisoning at the cafe next door. We found there weren't many choices near our hotel when we went in 2010, so glad to hear a good review!

Reply to: Al Fardoos Restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted