We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

red dot tours

Nottingham,UK
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
red dot tours

I have found what appears to be my perfect Sri Lankan tour (both itinery and hotels) with Red Dot Tours. I have been reading the mixed reviews of this company and would like to hear any additional comments. This will be our first time in Asia and we want to pre-book everything via a reliabe company to boost our confidence!

Thanks, Jill

Nottingham,UK
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: red dot tours

Hi, Stace loves Sri Lanka

Why do you think Audley Travel is unsuitable for first time Long Haul? I am also a bit nervous of the recent upsurge of fighting in Sri Lanka. I would really like to visit next February but will it be safe?

Jill

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: red dot tours

Hi Keilder,

I'm travelling to Sri Lanka for the first time in February too.

Sri Lanka seems to be safe if you don't venture into the North of the country.

Really looking forward to it :o)

Barbie

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: red dot tours

I can recommend Red Dot Tours very highly. I have a villa in The Fort in Galle which I rent out, sometimes to clients of Red Dot Tours, and their guests have really high praise for this company.

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: red dot tours

I can highly recommend Red Dot Tours. I have a villa in the Fort in Galle which I rent out and occasionally for guests from Red Dot Tours. Their guests at my villa all have high praise for Red Dot.

15. Re: red dot tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:07 pm, March 29, 2011
UK
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: red dot tours

I can recommend Red Dot. they are flexible and know the locals which is handy when you are in a tight spot! I have used them several times and they are always very competitive and efficient and have access to the same hotels and villas as the main operators.

gloucestershire
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: red dot tours

We went to Sri Lanka last year with Red Dot Tours and had a fantastic trip: they were efficient, prompt and helpful in their dealings before we went, and the on the ground organisation there was first class: we recommended Red Dot to my sister in law and her husband who in turn had an excellent trip, and we have just returned from a trip to Kerala with them, which again was great. If returning to Sri Lanka or South India (as I hope we will soon) we would undoubtedly use them again.

JdeC, Gloucestershire

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: red dot tours

We used red Dot tours for a two week trip and found their service to be fantastic. We live in Melbourne Australia and did all our communication by email. They have one of the best web sites to help you look at various hotels and plan your trip.

They provided a driver for our trip from Colombo, Deer Park, Kandy House, Tea Factory, Yala Village and Galle Fort Hotel. He was excellent, very safe which is important when all the drivers drive beeping their horn all the time.

We were very happy with their recommendations especially Kandy House which had just opened when we visited. There was little information about it but one of their directors had just visited. It certainly lived up to their recommendation.

We would certainly recommend them.

Somerset England
Level Contributor
55 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: red dot tours

We went to Sri Lanka with Red Dot last April and had a great time. The tour took us to some really interesting places and highly individual accomodation and we had a driver who was happy to respond to requests. I had asked them to simplify the itinery (we went to 5 areas in 16 days)and arranged a trip ourselves to Yala thorugh our hotel owner during our time near Unawatuna. the Yala trip was relatively inexpensive and although we saw no leopards it was not through lack of trying. We were very happy with Red Dot and everything went so smoothly that we really felt condident with the arrangements. We could not imagine that you would get the same immersion in Sri Lankan life with a big company like Kuoni.

20. Re: red dot tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 15, 2009