Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the bus or the train is more convenient travelling from Galle to Colombo. Some questions that I hope you can help me with....
* Is either mode of transport better to be avoided on a Saturday - too crowded etc?
* Taking my mother in law (her first time in SL) and want to make sure she has a seat whether it's train or bus (hence the question on crowding). My hubby and I will be okay standing if necessary.
* I believe you can't pre-book seats on the Colombo to Galle train... is that correct?
* The trip should take about 4 hours max - is that a correct estimate?
* Where do you catch the bus from - and how regular is the service?
Any info would be of great help including times of departure if anyone has any recent times available.