We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea plane transfers to Galle

Which Galle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sea plane transfers to Galle

I read online somewhere that you can travel to Galle by Seaplane taking approx 35 mins (probably via Sri Lankan Airlines) however the article was written in 2006. Is it still possible to travel to Galle this way or is road transfer the only option now.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea plane transfers to Galle

Hi

Road transfer is the only option.

The seaplanes were temporarily suspended in April or May 2007 due to security reasons. Landing on Lake Victoria near Kandy was the main reason. It looks like the temporary suspension is going to be permanent. SriLankan Air Taxi is not even mentioned on SriLankan Airlines webpage anymore.

Hans

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea plane transfers to Galle

Hi

i asked earlier this Year about going via the Plane you mentioned as it was possible they were starting again,however i have unable to do this for Sept and been told they are not running due to conflict,cost etc

3. Re: Sea plane transfers to Galle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Galle