We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saman Villas & Bentota Beach Hotel

Which Bentota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
1 post
Save Topic
Saman Villas & Bentota Beach Hotel

Hi, I'm due to get married @ the Saman Villas & the family coming with us don't want to intrude so are looking to stay somewhere near there, with a lower price tag but close enough to get up to see us pretty much every day..

My question is, are the Saman Villas & Bentota Beach hotel located close to each other? And are there any other hotels near the Saman Villas that anyone could reccomend for both of our families to stay for a week?

Many thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,046 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saman Villas & Bentota Beach Hotel

Hi there,

Saman Villas is at Aturuwella, about 2-3 km South of the main Bentota town where also the Bentota 'hotel and restaurant strip' is situated. So yes, it is near - but no walking distance. About 5-10 mins and Rs 100 by tuktuk.

Near Bentota Beach are quite a few other hotels with a similar situation - e.g. Serendib and Club Villa. So up to you to choose...

Have a nice time,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

South-East, England
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Saman Villas & Bentota Beach Hotel

Wow. Small world.

I'm getting married at Saman Villas in March. We have done exactly what you are thinking. Our family and friends are all booked in to Bentota Beach.

Word of warning though. Saman Villas will not allow children under 12 to come along to the wedding ceremony.

Hope you have a wonderful wedding!!!!!

3. Re: Saman Villas & Bentota Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bentota