We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bentota weather

UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bentota weather

Hi I have just booked a 10 night stay in club bentota hotel from 25th June to 5 July! Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like the travel agents said monsoon season but said that just means rain on afternoon about 3pm not lasting long they also said in June they only gt 7mm average a month but I think I've been lied too! Very worried picked the wrong place now

Can you still do trips even if the weather is wet and horrible?

Thank you

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bentota weather

That period is in the 1st inter monsoon season with quite unsettled weather.

You may experience 3 types of days:

- Fully clouded with the odd shower, light or heavy

- 3-4 hours sunshine after 8 am and clouds building up in the afternoon with hefty thundershowers late afternoon, evening and night

- sun-clouds-rain-sun again and so on with the sunny spells lasting at least an hour and minimum 4 hours per day.

Hans

UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bentota weather

Thank you! I meant 70mm not 7 but still not what the websites say ggrrrr

Oh we'll we will just have to wait and see and hope for a sunny period

Xx

somerset uk
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bentota weather

Even if it rains it is warm rain - and can be very dramatic. If you get caught outside someone will always offer you shelter. Personally we find a good rain storm is very exciting. All part of the fun!

Richard

Dubai
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bentota weather

Hi SarahlouUK... i read your post on 26 June... i am also going to be going down to club bentota soon ... wondering how the weather is at the moment ... and the beach .. walkable? swimmable ? hope you are enjoying your hols !

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bentota weather

Weather is mixed - some sun and some rain.

Sea is not safe for swimming.

Hans

Hawalli, Kuwait
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bentota weather

We will panning to visit Sri Lanka next month and worried about weather.

Great thanks for Hans for your help. appreciated.

7. Re: Bentota weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 am, August 07, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
575 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bentota weather

ha just like the UK.....where is the sun...;O))

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bentota weather

Well, Hans being the DE for Bentota has given a great weather update here. And the weather is usually just as he says and to be honest, rain is not a major hindrance for sightseeing in Sri Lanka.

The weather has been quite unsettled since of late in Sri Lanka but it has been quite unpredictable true. But there are a whole heap of things you can still do in Sri Lanka even with a bit of rain.

So dont worry, I m sure you will have a great time.

Treshi.

UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bentota weather

Hi just back weather was fine both came back very tanned! It rained 1 morning out of the 10 days and again one time over a lunch period! It rained several nights as the ground was wet early mornings but we were asleep! 2 days were a little cloudy else it was very hot and we were looking for shade! Everyday we sunbathed it was great!

Get answers to your questions about Bentota