We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bentota River Safari

Malaysia
Level Contributor
44 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Bentota River Safari

Can anyone advise on a good river safari and give details of starting point, time of departure and price please. Have searched this forum and used Google but can't find any up to date info. Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bentota River Safari

Crocodiles have recently been observed near the boat rental place near the bridge.

Enjoy your swim next time you some to Bentota.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,489 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bentota River Safari

Yes great! Well actually on my previous swim there was a Western lady making lots of noise with a jetski, and then encountering a large (basically harmless) water monitor. She thought it was a croc and jumped quickly from the jetski to the water near the shore, so if it's in stopping these jetski nuisance-riders I'm not too unhappy with crocs next to water monitors ;-)

Have fun,

<Erik>

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bentota River Safari

Did you swim on the east side of the bridge?

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,489 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bentota River Safari

When I stayed there it was mainly on the west side, as my hotel was near the Nilwala. But at times I ventured more south yes (first walking along the road) then swimming, and it was under and east of the bridge at times. Of course never cross under the bridge when a train passes as some unwanted things can drop in the water ;-)

Have more fun,

<Erik>

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Bentota River Safari

Web site you mention its 1000% wrong thing . because i know very well about this ayubowan Swis + lanka Hotel and Both rivers . Because am stay 6 months in bentota in every year and am water sports instructor in bentota.

so this is my challenge if you can prove it . This is my contact number is sri lanka. if it is not available please send text . i'll take you buy boat from beginning to until end of river free . if you can show me. if not you should pay for boat. OK ?????

DO NOT REPORT THIS ..

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,489 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bentota River Safari

Hi Keith,

Well it could be reported because you use offensive language and show off agressive behaviour, but let's leave the people their own judgment. And maybe an idea that you contact the hotels to correct the website if you think they are unclear?

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

USA
Level Contributor
111 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bentota River Safari

Really gentlemen or ladies. Persons asking questions in this forum are looking for advice. What they seem to be receiving is family squabbles. Sounds like the Republicans and the Democrats back where I live.

18. Re: Bentota River Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, January 25, 2013
Malaysia
Level Contributor
44 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bentota River Safari

I was the original poster on this thread - did a satisfactory river safari based on original info, can't remember details....am long since back home, BUT keep getting update alerts for this thread and really can't believe how petty they have become. I think you should let it go, move on, find another place to vent at each other...as said by the previous poster people ask for advice, nothing more.

Annandale
2 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Bentota River Safari

Hi my friends,

Just I went a BENTOTA RIVER SAFARI with my friend in Bentota, So happy very nice river safari. I saw lot of birds, crocodiles on the river, my friend also help me organize a river safari, and he made a nice time on Bentota River, Also he knew amazing place in Bentota.

I recommend him for all of you! You can contact to him SMS or call 0770650722. I promise It will be nice river safari.

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Bentota