We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bentota club

Which Bentota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
bentota club

iclubs have been torn between a wedding at ranweli village or club bentota. Think I have settled on club bentota. I have read somewhere though that the hotel weddings are like a conveyor belt and can have up to ten weddings a day??? does anyone know if this is true or have any info on how many weddings they do have a day.

many thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bentota club

I have stayed at Club Bentota x2 and never seen a wedding yet!!

lancashire
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bentota club

that's very reassuring thanks. are the rooms at bentota as basic as everyone says? what is it like. ive never been to Sri Lanka and its difficult to know where's good to go.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bentota club

My opinion is that the rooms are very nice. Its a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting. I only stayed in the standard rooms but they were nice and clean. Grounds to the hotel are really beautiful. If you go on You Tube there is a vid of a wedding at Club Bentota.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,460 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bentota club

Hi there...

Beach hotels rarely have more than two weddings per day, one morning and one afternoon..

Colombo hotels on the other hand are different, and often have several weddings per day, these are mainly for local people, but there again those hotels are geared up for it with several function rooms to cope..

Beach hotels however are often used to have photo shoots for local couples before or after weddings, or for homecoming photos, nice to see but not intrusive..

Regards

Dave

lancashire
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bentota club

thanks to everyone for your help, it's decided....time to go book :o)

6. Re: bentota club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bentota