We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taj Exotica/Weather/Vegetarian Food

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taj Exotica/Weather/Vegetarian Food

Hello - I am travelling to Sri-Lanka with my wife at the start of December, and will be staying at the Taj Exotica in Bentota. I have a few questions...

Taj Exotica - I've heard mainly good reviews about this place, only stating the bathrooms are dated. I can cope with this, as long as its clean. Any opinions on this? We have been allocated a 'standard' room, but cannot find any details on this room type. Are these rooms sea facing?

Weather - I'm aware that it could rain during my stay, but does the rain last all the day or is is just a passing shower? It still will be hot right? I was used to these impromptu showers in the afternoon when visiting Bali.

Vegetarian Food - Does the Taj Exotica have good vegetarian food choices? We are BB, so hope that the breakfast will include some south indian type veggie choices. What are the vegetarian options outside the hotel?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taj Exotica/Weather/Vegetarian Food

Hi,

Early December you may experience 3 types of days:

- Fully clouded with the odd shower, light or heavy

- 3-4 hours sunshine after 8 am and clouds building up in the afternoon with hefty thundershowers late afternoon, evening and night

- sun-clouds-rain-sun again and so on with the sunny spells lasting at least an hour and minimum 4 hours per day.

All restaurants in Sri Lanka have vegetarian choices, but there are no dedicated vegetarian restaurants in Bentota I am aware of.

Hans

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taj Exotica/Weather/Vegetarian Food

Thanks

Any opinions on the Taj Exotica?

I'm on BB and hoping they have vegetarian/indian options at breakfast

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,519 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taj Exotica/Weather/Vegetarian Food

Yes they have, both of them in the buffet.

See the reviews, despite its shortcomings we're still quite happy with it if given the right price.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taj Exotica/Weather/Vegetarian Food

oh great!

We have booked a 'standard' room. Should i assume this is a 'standad sea facing'?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,519 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taj Exotica/Weather/Vegetarian Food

Yes, basically all rooms have SOME level of sea view but for the cheapest ones it might be only 10-20' of sea view instead of the maximum 180'.

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Beruwala,sri lanka
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taj Exotica/Weather/Vegetarian Food

Hi ya

when you reach to hotel reception, ask them Is that sea view room.?when you have ask most of the time you can get a sea view room.iam sure that you will get it.

Thanks

SYD

7. Re: Taj Exotica/Weather/Vegetarian Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 04, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Bentota
Recent Conversations