We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Weather on South Coast?

Edinburgh, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Current Weather on South Coast?

Due to fly out tomorrow and just wondering if anyone has any idea what the current weather is like on the south coast. From what I can see forecast predicts heavy rain over the weekend, appreicate its intermoonson season at the moment but, curious to know if the rain has been nonstop..I guess all will be revealed when I arrived on friday.

Cheers, happy holidays for those of you who are due to head out to the fab Sri Lanka in the forthcoming weeks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,102 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Weather on South Coast?

Hi there,

Unawatuna reports same pattern as west coast: heavy rains every day but SOLELY in the evening and the odd afternoon. Nice sunny mornings mostly with the odd cloud patch, same for afternoons. So looks more like west monsoon weather now, cheers!

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Weather on South Coast?

Hi,

Yes, most of the mornings are sunny. I hope that you will enjoy the day.

Nishantha

Surrey
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current Weather on South Coast?

Hi

I returned from a week in Sri Lanka on Tuesday (stayed just south of Bentota)

It only rained once during the day for about 10 mins (very lightly) and once at night.

Most mornings started off cloudy but cleared up for at least 2-3 hours sunshine before more cloud in afternoon. two of the days were nearly sunshine all day.

It was still really hot even when cloudy and the humidity was well in the 30's

I wouldn't worry about the weather it'll be double hot (even when it rains!) and you'll have a fab time.

Colser

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current Weather on South Coast?

Hi Colser

Welcome back, or not as case maybe !!

Hope all went well for you and that you had a great honeymoon, also of course that you had a great time down at my favourite hotel and they looked after you?

Not long now before i head off down there again myself, and of course looking forward to it very much, and hope the weather holds too !.

Regards

Dave

Surrey
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current Weather on South Coast?

Hi Dave

Yes unfortunately back to reality!

We had a truly fantastic time at the Heritance and they really do look after you well, it really is an exceptional place.

Thanks for the tip off! I've dropped you a mail to thank you for all the info you gave me.

Colser

6. Re: Current Weather on South Coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bentota
Recent Conversations