We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excursions

London
1 post
Save Topic
excursions

Hi,

I am going to Sri Lanka in September staying at the Taj Exotica and just wondred what excursions there are that should definitely not be missed and how long it takes to get to the excursion destination? I am going with my boyfriend for 10 days, we are both in our 20's.

Cheers!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,500 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excursions

Hi there,

Browse very recent posts on 'excursions' in the forum, they are same from everywhere in southwest coast. I'd put the boundary for a day trip at Pinawela Elephant Orphanage (4 hours one way). Kandy (can be combined with Pinawela), Cultural Triangle and any wildlife safari would require a multi-day trip.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 pm, May 23, 2008
Belgium, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
249 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excursions

1). Kosgoda – turtle conservation project -journey time 30 minute

2).Balapitiya- madu river boat safari (duration of safari about 2 hours) – journey time 40 minute

3).Ambalangoda – traditional mask museum – journey time 45-50 minute.

4).Meetiyagoda- moonstone mine – journey time 1 hour

5).Galle- visit galle city and fort - journey time 1 hour and 30 minute.

6). Beruwela – fish market – 20 minute.

7). Dharga town (near aluthgama ) – brief garden (Geoffrey bawa’s house) –journey time 30 minute.

thanks

ind

4. Re: excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bentota