We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thailand or sri lanka for aug/sept 09

Which Bentota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
1 post
Save Topic
thailand or sri lanka for aug/sept 09

we are looking at a holiday in either thailand (chaing rai and koh samui) or sri lanka (south west) in late august early september 2009. i have heard the weather is not so good then... which whould be best? part of the reason for this is i would like to spend a day with elephants. can someome please advise me, we seem to be unable to decide.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,048 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thailand or sri lanka for aug/sept 09

Hi there,

Dunno about Thai weather then. Lankan weather is actually West Monsoon season which means quite good for tourism, the 2nd best season of the year. Nice sunny mornings (generally) and some cloud build-up starting in the afternoon.

Elephants plenty in Lanka. Either Millennium Foundation or Elephant Orphanage in Pinawela (about 2-3 hours from the closest coastal resorts) suits your programme perfectly!

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: thailand or sri lanka for aug/sept 09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bentota