We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives Hilton Accomodation

Which Bentota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
8 posts
Save Topic
Maldives Hilton Accomodation

Am going to the Hilton in the Maldives in February 2006 and am staying in a standard overwater villa. Is it worthwhile upgrading to a delux overwater villa? Thanks.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maldives Hilton Accomodation

Hi,

We stayed in a standard water villa in June last year for our honeymoon and the standard of the room was amazing.

The only difference with the deluxe villas is that you get a TV and DVD player and a little tub outside. Most people we met hardly used the tub as they had the whole of the ocean off the back of the water villa which was warm and shallow anyway so I would say that it is not worth it for that. Some people did watch DVDs as we went in the rainy season and had a couple of overcast days but in such a beautiful place who needs to watch TV? Even on such a small island we were never bored - Rangali is pure paradise and I honestly could not find a single thing to complain about during the whole stay. Save your money, go in the standard villas (couldn't be described as standard really) and have a few extra cocktails every night.

I'm so jealous!