We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to bentota

uk
3 posts
Save Topic
airport to bentota

hi.

i am trying to find out the best way to get to bentota beach from the airport for my lil brother.Will it cost an awful lot to hire a taxi?He is backpacking around thailand after Sri Lanka so he is on a budget.

tnx

Mentioned in this post
Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
988 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to bentota

A nation wide network of buses operates in Sri Lanka comprising worker owned buses referred to as Ceylon Transport Board (CTB) buses, wholly government owned buses and private buses. Public bus transport in Sri Lanka ranks as one of the cheapest in the world. Seats can be booked in advance on the CTB buses but not on private buses. Express bus services run to all major towns.

Mentioned in this post
uk
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to bentota

Many thanks rister!!

i will let him know.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to bentota

Hi Freesa

I am travelling to Bentota on 21st October from Colombo, pending on when your brother is arriving in Sri Lanka maybe we could share a taxi

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Bentota
Bentota
Galle District, Sri Lanka
Colombo
Colombo
Western Province, Sri Lanka
uk
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to bentota

hi travellermiddle-east.

it was a nice sugguestion but

my bro is going to sri lanka on the 2nd of oct.sorry.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,192 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport to bentota

And some more detail:

a) Bus airport to Colombo Fort station starts at far eastern end of Arrivals platform.

b) From Fort to Bentota bus is an option but train probably better, seeing the luggage. About 8 express trains a day from Fort to Aluthgama station, Bentota is 2 km south of that but some of the trains also stop at Bentota.

A nice time,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Colombo Fort
Colombo Fort
296 Reviews
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Bentota
Bentota
Galle District, Sri Lanka
6. Re: airport to bentota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, September 10, 2009