We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Gyeongju - help in planning

Which Gyeongju hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sg
Level Contributor
113 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Gyeongju - help in planning

Hi,

I will be arriving heading to Gyeongju from Seoul. I plan to do take a KTX to Singyeongju and then bus 50, 70 or 700 to Gyeongju city. I will proceed to drop my luggage at guesthouse/hotel.

First day I like to cover:

1. Bulguksa Temple

Go to the Gyeongju Express Bus Terminal and take Bus No. 10 or 11. The ride takes about 40 minutes.

(Question: How do I know when/where to alight?)

2. Seokguram Grotto [UNESCO World Heritage]

Hike up Mt Tohamsan from Bulguksa Temple or take Bus 12.

(Question: Is the hiking trail just behind the Bulguksa Temple?)

3. Namsan Mountain

- Get on the bus (# 11) to Tongiljeon Memorial (Eastern Side) or # 500 to Samneung Tombs (Western side)

(Question: Is it better to hike from Samneug? And what are the timing like for the last bus back to Gyeongju city?)

Second Day:

Rent a bicycle for the day and do a cycle tour to attraction in the city center

(Question: What are the sites that are must visit?)

On the second night, I will like to take a Intercity bus to Busan. Anyone knows where I might be able to find out information online about the bus timings?

Lastly, any must try food or night highlights in Gyeongju?

Thanks! :)

Edited: 11:01 pm, January 05, 2013
Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
581 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Gyeongju - help in planning

1. The bus will go out of the city and travel on roads where you wouldn't see many buildings. Then it will come to a huge parking lot which is next to many shops. Ask the driver, "Bulguksa?" then he will let you know if you are there or not.

2. Take Bus 12. You still have some walking to do after getting off the bus. If you decide to hike up the mountain, then it will be pretty tough and time consuming.

3. I'm not sure about the bus timing. I never went hiking in Namsan myself.

Sights to go in the city are: Anapji (also visit at night), Daereungwon (Cheonmachong), Cheomseongdae, the National Museum,

There are many more places, but above are musts which you shouldn't skip.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,159 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Gyeongju - help in planning

agree; from Seokguram bus stop it's not too far, but from Bulguk Temple it is a real hike.

You should try ssambap from one of the places near to Cheomsongdae.

Another place to go is Poseokjong; if you go to Anapji pond go to the Anapji gallery in the museum, it's fascinating.

Sg
Level Contributor
113 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Gyeongju - help in planning

Thanks for the information!

4. Re: 2 days in Gyeongju - help in planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 10, 2014