We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice about Hyundai

Perth
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Topic
Need advice about Hyundai

We will be in Daegu at the end of August and have a couple of questions. Firstly can anyone give me a few ideas on things to do other than temples and shopping as I have travelled extensively and am all templed and shopped out. We have planned to go to Beopju temple for it's historical links to Bruce Lee's last movie but that's about it for temples. I already know of the theme park the herbal medicine market and the Tripitaka (wooden blocks) planning to see all of these, my partner wants to know if you can visit the Hyundai factory in Ulsan and if you can how you go about it as we have emailed but no reply, we are also going to Busan for the day and will try having our feet nibbled at a cafe. I am really looking for something out of the ordinary, something that has a wow factor. Whilst in Bangkok we visited the forensics museum at the hospital which was amazing so as you can see I need something that's not in Lonely Planet or on the 10 things to do in Daegu list.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice about Hyundai

on Hyundai: I work with a couple of Korean corporations, and I have managed to see manufacturing plants. However it's been very hard, and security is very tight -that is, commercial security.

If you get no reply ("radio silence" as we call it) the answer is probably no.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice about Hyundai

Having lived in Daegu I can say there is nothing interesting or out of the ordinary to see there. You may be tempted to hike up Apsan mountain and take the sketchy tram back to the parking lot though. The amusement park is terrible too, but is interesting in the crowds that go there even though it is ridiculously bad by North American standards.

3. Re: Need advice about Hyundai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 24, 2011