We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wonderful experience in jeju

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Wonderful experience in jeju

Hi, would like to share my wonderful experience in jeju. We engaged a taxi driver to drive us around for 2 days.

First day, he brought us to main attractions like the cheonjiyeon waterfall, jungbang waterfall, oedolgae rock and yongmeori coast with a sumptuous seafood lunch near the coast. The price was so reasonably priced and you will never find such rate eating fresh abalones and seafood in singapore! In between, he will make an effort to introduce us to some special places along the route.

Second day, we requested to watch the sunrise peak at seongsan llchubong and our dear driver woke up at 3am to check if the weather was clear to be able to watch the sunrise before giving us a morning call to confirm the excursion! We were really impressed with his dedication and kindness.

After sunrise, he treated us to a simple korean breadfast which we insisted on paying instead as already felt so bad to trouble him at such early hours. As it was still too early to catch the ferry to udo island, he brought us to another nearby coastal area to watch the female divers. We were so lucky as we followed them to the rocks and witnessed the aged but feisty ladies jumping into the freezing cold water to start their catch. The oldest woman aged 83! So amazing!

At udo island, We had a super great time enjoying the scenic views of the island with our taxi driver. As my ten year old girl was exhausted after touring udo island for half day, our taxi driver ensured us to have a nap n woke us up just before reaching our next destination- the manjanggul lava cave. Our last attraction was the gimnyeong maze and my girl found it pretty easy to find the exit. I was just tagging behind her and was surprised to find it ended so soon,,,After all the sightseeing, our driver brought us to have a great sumptuous black pork dinner. It was an experience! First, he brought us to a fresh pork market stall to buy the meat and walked into the opposite eatery for them to cook for us and provided us the side dishes. He explained It was the way most local people enjoy their black pork feast and the bill was less than half compared to the black pork restaurants near our hotel!

We had such great time and he did not want to accept the extra money for the extra early hours initially and we insisted as we felt it was not right to work so many extra hours for nothing. The arrangement was 9am to 5pm but we started the day at 4am!

We felt so lucky to engage him and I think we should share his excellent service and recommend him to people who are keen to sightsee in jeju to ensure a fantastic time during their holiday.

He contacts details - the company is Nam Yang Taxi Tour

Mr Ko Soon Tae mobile- (+82) 010-2553-1950 email - nytaxi5455@hanmail.net

Have fun!

Jeju, South Korea
6 posts
1. Re: Wonderful experience in jeju

Thank you 형!!

I will thank if you will amend e-mail.

Jeju Nam Yang Taxi Tour-team E-mail

nytaxi5445@hanmail.net

I had a great time with your family.

See you in Jeju next year I hope.

Jeju Nam Yang Taxi Tour-team

Taxi Driver

Mr. Ko Soon Tae

Edited: 8:39 am, June 18, 2014
Jeju, South Korea
6 posts
2. Re: Wonderful experience in jeju

Thank you 형!!

I will thank if you will amend e-mail.

Jeju Nam Yang Taxi Tour-team E-mail

nytaxi5445@hanmail.net

I had a great time with your family.

See you in Jeju next year I hope.

Nam Yang Taxi Tour-team

Taxi Driver Mr Ko Soon Tae

Whatsapp. +82 10 2553 1950

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
3. Re: Wonderful experience in jeju

For your info, I had written my taxi driver's email add wrongly, it should be

Mr Ko Soon Tae. mobile (+82)010-2553-1950

E mail : nytaxi5445@hanmail.net

You can what's app to his mobile too.

Jeju, South Korea
14 posts
4. Re: Wonderful experience in jeju

Hello

My name is Lee Hong Min.

I am Nam Yang Taxi Tour-team's leader.

I read your good review which you write my team's member Mr. Ko Soon Tae.

Thank you for your review.

My team is much deficient still.

We try in order to grow.

And we are composed of honest, diligent person.

I pursue that my team make a good time in Jeju visitors.

My team is on the friendly terms with visitors.

And we want to make good memories at Jeju.

I think that making precious memories is important because they remain with you for a long time.

Nam Yang Taxi Tour-team always do our best at visitors from the standpoint.

Don't ever forget.

"Jeju Nam Yang Taxi Tour-team"

Thank you so much for your great review.

Jeju Nam Yang Taxi Tour-team leader

Mr. Lee Hong Min.

Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Wonderful experience in jeju

Hi 568Nicole

I'm planning a visit to Jeju this winter, late December. There will be 4 adults and was wondering if the ride is comfortable for long journey?

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
6. Re: Wonderful experience in jeju

There should be no problem with just 4 adults....have a good trip

7. Re: Wonderful experience in jeju

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:50 am, July 07, 2014
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
8. Re: Wonderful experience in jeju

My family and I have visited Jeju for 2 days and were very lucky to have engaged Mr Ko Soon Tae for his driving services. Initially we were contemplating whether to rent a car instead but we were very happy to have opted for this option.

I have got to know Mr Lee Hong Min's name at first through his good reviews but due to his busy schedule, we were not able to book a suitable time slot. He instead recommended his team member Mr Ko to us, who is a very friendly man.

First, Mr Ko speaks good English. We did not have much problems communicating throughout the 2 days. While driving us to places, he has also shared his knowledge about the local people. Mr Ko was more like a tour guide to us rather than just a driver! He was also constantly checking our condition. Mr Lee has also called Mr Ko to check on our safety. We have even met up with Mr Lee on one of the days! Both Mr Lee and Mr Ko are very nice and good people!

Mr Ko has also recommended my family to many places that are off our itinerary. So do give him your itinerary beforehand so that he can better plan and improve the route. For my 2 days, we have visited attractions in the East and West side of Jeju each separate day. While still sticking to our itinerary, we have dropped by other places with very nice scenery for say a quick 15min photo-taking. Mr Ko has truly maximised our limited time in Jeju.

Last and most important point, Mr Ko has brought us to local restaurants to try local food! These restaurants are less pricey compared to 'touristy' eating places. My family have enjoyed many local good food at a very reasonable price. For example, My Ko even brought us to a place to try 'live abalone'!! It was a daring and adventurous experience that me and my family would always remember.

Overall, my family had an awesome time in Jeju. We would definitely recommend Mr Ko to travellers visiting Jeju island. Thank you Mr Ko for your good service!

Edited: 7:37 am, June 24, 2014
Singapore
1 post
9. Re: Wonderful experience in jeju

Yes, I went on a taxi your at jeju island for one day, on 10 June 2014.

The taxi tour guide who took us around was mr Ko Soon Tae (Phone number + 82 10 2553 1950, email address: nytaxi5445@hanmail.net). Very friendly and very helpful, he brought us to a lot of places, such as cheonjiyeon waterfall,yeomiji botanical gardens and we also saw the jeongbang waterfall. The seceneties were beautiful and breathtaking! He also helped us took a lot of beautiful pictures at the attractions :)

Next, Mr Ko brought us to a local restaurant to try the BBQ black pig, which is a famous local specialty in Jeju Island. It was great and the price is also very affordable.

We would definitely visit Jeju island again as It was such a wonderful experience for us! Thank you Mr Ko for bringing us around! :D

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Wonderful experience in jeju

My friend found this forum with good reviews during our pre-trip planning to Jeju and decided to engage with Mr Lee Hong Min for his taxi service. But as Mr Lee was already booked in advance, he recommended us another taxi driver, who is his team member, Mr Ko Soon Tae (speak english too).

On the day of our arrival, Mr Ko was supposed to pick us up from the airport but he was held up by another tour so, another team member, Mr Lee Tae Young came to fetch us instead. Although Mr Lee can't speak English fluently, he tried his best to communicate with us.

During our two days of taxi tour in Jeju, Mr Ko. brought us to the places we wanted to go and also recommended other destinations along the way. At different places, he would try his best to feed us with information of the place we are visiting. On top of that, he also brought us to local restaurants to try out Jeju's local delicacies for meals which are more authentic and less pricey as compared to those touristy restaurants. Overall, he is a friendly and honest man.

Other than Mr Lee Tae Young and Mr Ko Soon Tae, we also had the chance to meet Mr Lee Hong Min in person as he offered to drive us to Hallasan (we spent one day hiking in Hallasan) and sent us to the airport on our last day. As reviewed in previous replies, he is really a friendly and good man.

All in all, I recommend this friendly trio team for taxi tour in Jeju and would definitely engage their services again in the future if I visit Jeju again.

Taxi Company Name : Nam Yang Taxi

Team Email: nytaxi5445@hanmail.net

Team Members: Mr Lee Hong Min (leader), Mr Ko Soon Tae & Mr Lee Tae Young