We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeju taxi tour

Singapore River...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Jeju taxi tour

I visited jeju on 4-6th Aptil 2014 with my partner. Jeju is such a beautiful island, I regretted not staying longer. During the 3 days 2 night stay we hired a taxi tour. Mr Lee Jung Rim is the driver (and tour guide) who brought us around on the second day. I would say that he provides excellent service! A very jovial and friendly guide. Even though he speaks little English, communication was not much of a problem with some body language and hand signs :) Being a gentleman, he would always open the car door for me. For you guys out there who can't live without Facebook, whatsapp and Instagram, you will be delighted to know the taxi he drives provides you with free wifi! Yes, you can stay connected, anywhere in jeju, wherever the taxi takes you.

He brought us to the maze land (running man was film at that location) and gave us hints on how to navigate the maze! He would join us in solving some of the puzzles pieces in the maze land museum. We also stopped by a street full of cherry blossom trees. He doubled up as a photographer and helped us took some very nice photos. Next we went to the trick museum, Mr Lee again took photos of us, with much patience. We also climbed the Seongsan Ilchulbong peak (sunrise peak) which is part of the UNESCO world heritage. It offers a breathtaking view of the town. When you are up there, you would realize that the 30 minutes climb is definitely worth the effort! Seopjicoji was the next location we went, you will see the coastline and also a light house and a nunnery where they film the korean drama, All in. The view is amazing. Our last stop for the day was this large bazaar/fair where they held the "cherry blossom festival 2014". We specially requested Mr Lee to bring us there. It is a place whereby the locals celebrate the start of spring with many stalls selling local delights such as BBQ pork, seafood, topokki, korean pancakes, potato tornado and many more snacks. With Mr Lee being a local, it is much easier to get a table in the busy food stalls as he would speak jeju dialect to the waitresses. He would make sure the food and drinks are promptly served. As it was the last stop for the day, my camera ran out of battery, he even offered to use his own phone to help us take photos and later sent them to me via Whatsapp.

The trip was rather enjoyable with him being our guide. We paid KRW 130,000 a day (8 hours) for the tour. Petrol and parking is inclusive. I would recommend him as your driver if you are visiting jeju. His full name is Mr Lee Jung Rim and his contact no. Is +82 10-4678-9232.

Mr Lee, if you are reading this, thank you once again for the service from the heart. 😊

Mentioned in this post
Jeju
Jeju
Jeju Island, South Korea
Seongsan Ilchulbong
Seongsan Ilchulbong
1,614 Reviews
Jeju Island, South Korea
1. Re: Jeju taxi tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 24, 2014