We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jeju island for a few hours

Which Jeju hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ror@tadaust.org.au
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
jeju island for a few hours

My cruise ship arrives at jeju island in june 6am to 1 pm. what will i do? i have thought of trying to get a public bus from jeju port (Town, I guess) to seogwipo and return or am I better off staying in the town and wandering, say to yangduam rock and just walking around. Cruise shipmorning trip sdo not sound interesting. Will I need Korean money or will taxi driver take US dollars. Would i expect a shuttle to be available at the port? Help!! thanks

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jeju island for a few hours

The South Korean currency is the won. No, you will not be able to use US dollars!

Jeju, South Korea
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: jeju island for a few hours

Hello Ruth, it all really depends on how long you have in port. Are you arriving on costa, royal, celebrity? The port is in the downtown area of the old part of Jeju City. There are many tours going to Yeon-dong for shopping etc. You might have time to do a quick, super quick tour around the island and back again. Just to the West of where you dock is the boardwalk, where there are quite a few restaurants (raw fish, pork etc). If you head a bit South once you get to boardwalk there is underground shopping. Taking a public bus may not be the best way to go about things, as anything can happen and I wouldn't want you to miss your trip out! Let me know a few more details and I can help you out! Taxi's in Jeju are very cheap.

Lucas

http://kajeju.com/

ror@tadaust.org.au
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: jeju island for a few hours

Just found you reply. Only about 3 1/2 hours. I s it worth getting a taxi tour for that amount of time and safe to get back to ship. Would not want to bother with museams, just perhaps a trip down west coast of island.

ror@tadaust.org.au
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: jeju island for a few hours

My email address has changed--now ruthhaddon1@bidpond.com

5. Re: jeju island for a few hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Jeju