We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeju trip 10th to 12th Nov

Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jeju trip 10th to 12th Nov

I had booked Mr Won for my trip for 10th to 12th Nov in late July. However, a week before my departure, he sent an email that he cannot make it because he thinks my schedule is too long. To be Fair this is my schedule:

10th Nov: Arrive Jeju Airport and start tour at 2pm. Told him we can end early like 9pm, but I wouldn' mind paying the same amount which was 130,000 won / day (before that, he wanted 150,000 won and he quoted me before at 100,000 won in Jan 2012).

11th Nov: I told him I wanted head to Udo Island and so would not require his service

12th Nov: Start tour at 9pm and drop me off at airport at 5pm or earlier.

And so if my schedule was too long for him, I wondered why he promised in the first place and told me he couldn't a week before! This spoilt my mood. I told my relative about it and she told me to rent a car. So within a week, my husband had to get his international driving license despite his busy flying schedule and we had to booked a car. KT had no car with English GPS, and so I tried my luck with AVIS. I booked a car with them, with Korean map and English navigation mode. Free shuttle bus from the airport which is about 5 mins away to their office. It was raining and with 2 huge luggages, we started to check for the scratches etc on the rental car. Key was ready in the car, and no staff came by to help. Hubby then went back counter, got them, told them the scratch and they said it was fine. However, fuel was not fully pumped, and so the staff drove us to the petrol station outside. We paid 116,580 won for Avante MD (including 39,000 won for the insurance).

So everything was ok fine, we have fun in Jeju and stayed in TGG. Silvia made our trip even better by recommending which place to head to during fall. Pls note that if you are renting a car and it's rainy or hazy weather, inform the AVIS to set the GPS so you can avoid highway 1131 (which has many bends and blind spots).

We returned the car at 12th Nov to AVIS, pumped the fuel about half tank for est 50,000 underneath the front passenger door. We were shocked! They asked us to pay 50,000 won for the damage and we started to recall back what happen on the first day. They asked the negotiator along, Mr Kim Jung Hoon (010-7514-0509) and after much discussion, we have no choice but pay. Just when I was going to make payment, Mr Kim spoke to the staff and said it's ok and we did not have to pay. Mr Kim understood that we felt accused for something we did not do but was asked to pay etc.

Conclusion for this trip: TGG Silvia and AVIS Mr Kim made this Jeju trip perfect! Strongly recommended to all!

Edited: 4:53 am, November 15, 2012
Jeju, South Korea
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeju trip 10th to 12th Nov

hi

2. Re: Jeju trip 10th to 12th Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, December 16, 2013