We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeju for a day ..what to do on own?

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Jeju for a day ..what to do on own?

Our cruise is stopping in Jeju for a day and we didnt want to do the tours with the ship. Can anyone tell us if we can do our own tour and visit Yakchunsa Temple along the way. Is it easy to leave the ship and walk around the town.

Funtasy Trip
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
All that Jeju island
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Core Travel
Historical & Heritage Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Jeju NY (Nam Yang) Taxi Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
581 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeju for a day ..what to do on own?

Where is your ship landing?

Yakchunsa is near Jungmun.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeju for a day ..what to do on own?

I will try to find out for now Royal Caribbean site says the port of Jeju or Jeju Island, South Korea.

I will call them and get back to you. thank you.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeju for a day ..what to do on own?

Its Hwasun Pier

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
581 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeju for a day ..what to do on own?

Ok.

Hwasun is not exctly a tourist attraction on its own.

But Jeju is not that large, so you can go around and see many places.

To go to Yakchunsa, you'll have to take a taxi and it will take 30mins to get to Yakchunsa. Taxi fare would be approx 13000 KRW one way. If you take public transportation, you would have to transfer once and the total one way trip will take approx. 1hr 15mins.

If you want to look around the island, then I guess it will be more efficient to take a tour arranged by the cruise (I'm sure they would have something).

But if you want to do only one or two places slowly, take a taxi to the places you'd like to visit.

5. Re: Jeju for a day ..what to do on own?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 26, 2013