We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

Hi everybody. I have literally just finished my taxi tour and am so satisfied with the service that I told myself I had to post my reviews online once I got back to my hotel room. Yes, I am in Jeju now and staying at December Goodstay Hotel (pretty good hotel btw). Ok, back to my main purpose of this post; the taxi tour. The thing is my family is rather large; 7 adults + 2 kids(2yo & 4yo), so we could not take the regular cab and I didn't want to split the group into 2 separate cabs so we had to go by Jumbo cab. It's a Kia Carnival with 2 rows of 3 seats at the back (plus boot space if needed) and 2 seats in the front. Unfortunately, I did not have the luxury of a recommendation given my unusually large group size so I actually obtained my taxi service through a travel company; meaning I had to pay more to cover commission to the travel co. I won't yet reveal how much I paid but you can contact me directly to enquire. I'm sure you'll not be paying as much as much as I did. Just a gauge, I paid a bit more than if you were to take 2 cabs for the price mentioned in another post per 8 hr. I would like to pass on this info to whoever has more than 4 people in a group as this chap serves bigger groups. Nice chap; grandpa figure, friendly, accommodating, professional, converses reasonably well in English. He sticks to whatever you plan but would suggest alternatives yet not at all pushy. Would suggest options for meals if asked. Helps with photo-taking. Appreciated that he wasn't particular that we ended an hour and twenty min later than planned and didn't accept extra when offered at the end of the tour. He made it a point to finish whatever had been planned without rushing through the day. Even wanted to give some time at the beach on the way back (were already almost an hour overtime by then). Contact Mr Ko Seung Ku 010-4691-7401, email ksk5671@naver.com. Tell him Mr Alex and family strongly recommended him to you. Really nice guy lah. No bull. Cheers!

Alex

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
226 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

i emailed Mr Ko and Mr Won and both quoted me 180,000 for 1 day tour for 5 pax.

Is that the market rate now? Seems a bit high. I was expecting around 120-150,000 won

Or is it because I have 5 pax and hence they need a bigger taxi?

singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

Hi, I believe there are minibus hires for group size 10-15. Mr Ko doesn't have that vehicle type I'm afraid but no harm asking him. He may be able to find someone who does or arrange another vehicle for your group such that you will fit nicely in 2 cars. I would not advise going through an agent (which I did) and end up paying much more than what is required. Going to the driver guides direct saves you quite a sum. I would go even as far as saying you pay half price of what the agencies charge. That's my take on this. Let me know how else I can help. Cheers, alex

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

Hi! Thanks for your tips. I e-mailed Mr. Ko today and told him about my family's trip to Jeju in about 3 weeks from now and even gave him my priority list of places to see. He replied immediately. But since we are only 4 in our group, he suggested another driver driving a regular taxi. Mr. Ko's taxi would be too big for us. Too bad we can't get him. I got so interested after all the feedback in this forum. Anyway, I decided to trust him and book with the driver he recommended. I hope he'll be as good as Mr. Ko. He quoted W130,000 for 8 hours a day. And he said we can go to all the places I listed even if I think it is really too much for a day haha. I'll just refine my list when we get there. I'll let you know how it turns out for us.

By the way, the Dongsan Herb Farm, is that the same as the Goldenhill Herb Farm that serves this 1-foot wide burger? Thanks!

Fremont, California
1 post
Save Reply
34. Re: Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

Hi Aeebee, We are planning to go to Seoul & Jeju 5/13/2013 to 5/19/2013.Can you suggest a hotel in the Myeongdong and Dongdaemun areas that has a pretty good value. Thanks for your posts. It helped us a lot in deciding where to go in Korea.

Johor
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

Hi Alex, you still have your Jeju day-tour itinery to share?

Plan to get Mr. Ko as you recommend but i have no idea how many places we can cover in 8-hr tour, some homework before i drop him a note....Thank you in advance.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

Hi Alex,

My name's Dawn and also from Singapore. Hello!

My 2 girlfriends and I will be heading to Korea in mid April and will be on Jeju Island for 2 nights. We've been looking desperately for a taxi service on Jeju that is English speaking and am so glad to have found your recommendation for Mr Ko. Would it be alright if we used your reference to initiate contact with him? Do you know if he also takes smaller groups of 3 pax? Thanks so much!

Kind regards,

Dawn

Penang
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

Thanks for your elaborated review on chartered taxi in Jeju.

I am just starting my initial plan for my Seoul / Jeju trip and I found your review is very helpful :)

Question, do you think that it is enuff time cover at least half of Jeju if I spend 1 and half days there?

I will arrive in Jeju around noon on my first day, stay 1 night there and continue on the second day until late afternoon. You think? Thanks for your reply.

Karratha, Western...
1 post
Save Reply
38. Re: Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

Thank you Alex for your guidance; I too have booked Mr Ko for in a couple of weeks. The rate he has offerred I am very happy with. He was very fast and efficient with his replies back and has been very helpful as well with even booking our accommodation for us. We look forward to meeting him and our tour for a couple of days.

Haven't set our itenirary yet as still working on it. Will be sure to tell him you recommended him

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

Hi,

I'm Mary from Singapore too...

I am now looking for Jeju trip bt have yet to finalised on the no of ppl going. Bt may reach as much as 10pax, can i have the email contact too? So that I can check on the pricing

Thanks alot..

8 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Jeju English Taxi Tour (jumbo cab for >4 pax)

Which hotel u reckonnend in myeongdong? I have 5adult 2kids and baby.