We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jagalchi Fish Market and many more

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Jagalchi Fish Market and many more

Hi,

There are quite a number of markets in Busan & Seoul; like Jagalchi Fish market, Gukje market, Gwangjang Market, Noryangjin Market...

What are the different among these?

Which 1 @ 2 will you recommend which will provide me the different experience; like ambient, type of things sell.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Busan
Busan
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Gukje Market
Gukje Market
359 Reviews
Busan, South Korea
Gwangjang Market
Gwangjang Market
1,838 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jagalchi Fish Market and many more

Jagalchi and Noryangjin are both fish markets, only selling seafood. Gukje and Gwangjang are traditional markets selling a wide range of goods such as clothing, bedding and kitchen goods. In additional, Gwangjang is well known for its street food stalls.

Bangkok, Thailand
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jagalchi Fish Market and many more

If you go to Jagalchi Fish Market, you should try the buffet on the top floor of the market. Busan has another fish market around Haeundae Beach: Haeundae Traditional Market.

For those who want to visit Busan or other tourist attractions in South Korea, you may find my blog helpful (available in both English and Thai):

…blogspot.com/

Mentioned in this post
Busan
Busan
South Korea
Haeundae Beach
Haeundae Beach
2,704 Reviews
Busan, South Korea
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
181 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jagalchi Fish Market and many more

I and my 2 girl friends went Jagalchi fish market (17 April 2014) to eat seafood meal, taste really good, miss the fried fish (3 different type of fish) given to us free of charge when we ordered a set meal.

We had tobokki for dinner at Bupyeong Kkangtong Market which near to Jagalchi fish market open in the evening. I love their tobokki, fresh, big and chewy which you cannot find in Singapore. I took 2 plain one which was soak in the soup was really good!

You will love the food in Busan!

This coming December will go to Noryangjin Market to try their seafood which we miss it during April trip!

Mentioned in this post
Bupyeong Kkangtong Market
Bupyeong Kkangtong Market
36 Reviews
Busan, South Korea
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Busan
Busan
South Korea
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jagalchi Fish Market and many more

Hi,

Sound great.

Do you mind to share with me the details like stalls/restaurant..any photos will be helpful.

I'm leaving for Korea this week...can't speak their language..haha

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
181 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jagalchi Fish Market and many more

Sori don't know the stalls name just happen to pass by n the lady(looks like china lady)call us seems friendly n told us free fried fish if we ordered a set meal which is not expensive about 45000won for 3 person. Don't have the

Stalls picture. We only take on food picture.

6. Re: Jagalchi Fish Market and many more

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 04, 2015