We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KTX to Busan

Which Busan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Topic
KTX to Busan

Hi, i'll be arriving in Seoul on 29 Aug about 9am and thinking of taking the KTX to Busan first. Do i have to book the KTX tickets in advance or can i just buy on the spot. I'm taking the KTX back to Seoul on 31 Aug. Again, shall i buy in advance or just buy on the day itself?

I'll have my luggaes with me, hence can anyone advise me on the different class of seats on the KTX? Thanks.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KTX to Busan

The KTX trains to Busan leaves very frequently so it is not necessary to book a ticket in advance. You can book a ticket at the ticket counter or at the ticket machines on the station, and the trains runs every 15-30 minutes.

I have only traveled on the standard economy seats, and here there are overhead compartments over your seats. While there are some room for luggage at the entrance and exits in each car, there is not a whole lot of room to store you luggage here.

singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: KTX to Busan

korail.com/2009/htm/htm41000/w_htm41120.jsp

Go to the above site, a 3 days pass is cheaper since yr to and fro is 3 days.

Buying 2 separate tickets will be 53,000 won x 2

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KTX to Busan

I just came back from Busan. KTX train from Seoul to Busan leaves every 30 min. prices varies as I realised that the price I bought during weekday ( 91000 for 2 adults economy ) and weekend ( 109 000 for 2 adults economy ) are different. Maybe also it is due to the timeslots. Suggest you buy on the spot as you are likely to travel out from Airport and catch the train to Seoul station before boarding KTX to Busan.

Also try to ask for a seat near the luggage area, I did that and they got me the seat near the door . Bigger luggage can be stored at the luggage area outside ( in between the 2 train cabins). Smaller ones can be stored above the seat.

Train leaves on the spot and be punctual. As the train is very long, please check the platform to get down and the cabin number first, if not, you will be running along the platform trying to find the right cabin to board.

LONDON
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KTX to Busan

Hi

I am staying in Incheon and will travel to Busan the day after I arrive. Can I get the train from Incheon or do I need to go to Seoul station? Not sure on bus or train. Travelled in Japan in Feb and that was straight forward.

Not sure whether to mix and match as going Seoul to Busan, Busan to Gwangju and then back to Seoul although might to some detours. Not had a moment to plan this and leaving on 19th. ANy help would be great.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: KTX to Busan

Hi, We will be going to busan on 30 Sept 2013 returning to Seoul on 1 Oct 2013

i understand a 3 days pass is cheaper.

Would like to check if the 3 days pass need to be utilize each day?

Or we could still buy the 3 days for our to and from?

Thanks

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
10,960 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KTX to Busan

To FlissG

Where do you stay?

ICN airport and Incheon city are quite far apart.

In any event, trains to Busan leave from Seoul station, and not from ICN or Incheon City.

The bus from anywhere in your area will take 5 plus hours on a boring highway.

7. Re: KTX to Busan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 15, 2014