We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

Which Busan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waegwan, South Korea
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

I have to take the Beetle Hydrofoil from Busan to Fukuoka every three months. Before I could check seat information, but I can no longer get the site in English. Does anyone know how I can do this? You can put the informanton in as far a the dates you want to check in English, but when you hit the request button it goes back to Japanese. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

SF
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu-Okinawa
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

There is the ENGLISH button just below the boat.

http://www.jrbeetle.co.jp/Internet/index.html

which opens

jrbeetle.co.jp/internet/english/index.html

Waegwan, South Korea
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

Please read my post. I am aware of the English button below the boat, but when you put in your information and inquire about seats it goes back to Japanese. Try it.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

Perhaps you can try to use online translation for reading Beetle Japanese website.

I was wondering ... why don't you prefer flying? Are you into sailing very much? Flying is much cheaper and faster.

There are lots of LCC carriers & normal carriers between Japan (many major cities) and Korea (Seoul/Busan/Jeju). Did you check Busan Air?? The carrier have a route between Fukuoka and Busan.

Peach Aviation sells only 2500 yen (US$32) between Osaka to Seoul (o/w) last month. Peach also have flights in domestic Japan.

It doesn't work for you if you like to fly from Busan to Fukuoka, but beside Peach Airvision and Busan Air, please check other carries: Easter Jet, Jin Air, Jet Star Japan.... JAL, ANA, UA, Delta, Asiana, Korea Air ... etc.

Jet Star Japan will start a new international route between Tokyo and Korea from 2013 and must have a big promotional rate.

Edited: 4:41 am, June 20, 2012
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,160 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

"Please read my post. "

I did.

you said "I can no longer get the site in English".

Please write more clearly.

Waegwan, South Korea
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

I live only 90 minutes from Busan and I have been taking the hydrofoil to Fukuoka for three years. I am only there for three hours at the most and return to Korea the same day. To fly I would have to go to Incheon which is 5 hours away. I tried translating the site, but it says it cannot be translated. I will just go there as I am not to far away.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

"To fly I would have to go to Incheon which is 5 hours away."

Not Incheon! Is it too far to go to Gimhae International Airport in Busan?

Korean Air, Busan Air, Asiana have daily flights between Busan and Fukuoka. Busan Air website says that the fare is from 9800 yen (US$123) between Fukuoka and Busan. Is it too expensive compare with Beetle boat?

airbusan.com/AB/airbusan/english/main.jsp…

Busan Air is one of low cost carrier (LCC). In Japan, LCC carrier routes are within 3 hours flights and people often saying "LCC is for day-trip."

Yes, it goes Japanese after telling the dates of travel in English. You have to select 釜山発 (from Busan), 往復 (Round trip), 乗車人数 (no. of person). Also, a phone reservation seems to be easier; it's +81-92-281-2315. Or perhaps you should go to a travel agency in your local area.

Because of mileage and time schedule, I like Korean Air to fly; but Busan Air Japanese site is now showing an anniversary rate to Busan from Tokyo (Rt US$139) . So I will start to think traveling there. :)

Waegwan, South Korea
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

I called and made reservations and told them about the website English problem. I went Sunday July 1, 2012. I left at 0830 and arrived at Fukuoka at 1125. There were not many people on the hydrofoil both ways and it only took me 10 minutes to clear immigration and customs. I was scheduled to return at 1600. I know from past trips if they have seats available on an earlier vessel they will put you on it. I left on the same hydrofoil I came on at 1230. I arrived at my home at 1840. If I had flown I would have not gotten home until early the next morning.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
352 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

I am having a similar problem trying to book a ticket on the ferry. Does anyone know if beetle havevan email address? perhaps I can email them and book that way. Does 13,000 ¥ include the fuel surchage? I reckon that busan to fukuoka looks like €117 one way in my currency. perhaps there are book ahead specials? perhaps somebody would comment? Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

I'm having same difficulty booking a ferry from Busan to Fukuoka next Tuesday on the Beetle site. I get the English page but when i want to book it goes back to Japanese. Tried Google translate but even that leaves one box i am confused about. Maybe i'm better off heading to a travel agent for help. I intend to stay 2 days in Busan. Is it possible just to walk to the ferry office there and buy the ferry ticket a couple of days in advance?

Big Island, Hawai'i
Level Contributor
24 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beetle Hydrofoil Website in English

I had the same problem and had dufficulty finding any helpful information online whatsoever. Just to let you know, I just took the ferry for the first time today. I can't speak nor read Korean. Upon arriving into Gimae International airport yesterday, we received help from a nice young woman at the information desk immediately located as yiu exit the baggage area of the domestic terminal. She called the reservation number for us and the options are all in English. I chose to make a reservation, and an English speaking operator came on the line, took my name, passport #, and gave me a reservation #. I'm traveling at a not too busy time of the year so it was not a problem getting a seat for two the day prior. If you are traveling at any other time, I would suggest booking in advance. This morning, we took the subway from our hotel, Benikea Press (look out for my good review of that hotel), at 740am and after a 10min walk from Jungang Stn (for those of you with heavy, large luggage like myself who choose to rough it by subway instead of a simple taxi ride, don't fret because there are elevators for you to use), we found the ferry terminal (follow the signs/street signs) by 855am. The ferry company, Kobee/Mirajet, want you to check in an hour prior to departure time. The line did get long so give yourself enough time. Check in for Kobee is on the 2nd floor near the departure area. We provided our passports and reservation #, paid for our ticket (115,000KRW + 20,000KRW fuel charge cash or credit and 3,200KRW CASH ONLY for terminal fees), proceeded through the baggage check/customs areas and waited fo to board (15 min prior to departure time). You take your bags with you on the ferry (they didn't check the weight or size of our bags, if you're worried). That's pretty much it. In summary, I wouldn't lose sleep over not booking your ride through the internet, and I'd book when you get to Korea. Good luck!