We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

high speed train Seoul and Busan

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
high speed train Seoul and Busan

I am visiting Busan in January. My question: would you recommend the high speed train Seoul to Busan? Where is the hihgh speed train station in Busan in relation to the hotels along the beach area? Waht is the best way to get to/from the train station and the hotels? How long does it take to get to train station from hotels? How reliable is the train schedule? Thank you.

Christchurch NZ
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: high speed train Seoul and Busan

I have travelled from Seoul to Busan by the hi speed KTX train six times now and have always found it a very good service. It takes around 3 hours from Seoul Train station to the Busan Train station. The timetable was very accurate and I never experienced any delays. You can reserve tickets up to one month ahead and check the timetables online , see www.korail.go.kr.

I stayed at Lord Beach hotel in Haeundae Beach. It took around 90 minutes to get from the Busan Train Station to the Hotel using the Busan Metro (one transfer required). The KTX Train station is not close to the famous Gwangalli and Haeundae Beaches.

There is an entrance to the metro outside of the Busan Train station , about two minutes' walk. The metro is good with announcements/signage in English, see www.humetro.co.kr.

Check out the Busan city website. wwww.dynamicbusan.

I haven't been to Jinhae, but my KTO handbook puts the travelling time as 1 hour by bus. (www.jinhae.go.kr)

Enjoy Busan, it's a great place.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: high speed train Seoul and Busan

Thank you for your helpful answers.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: high speed train Seoul and Busan

do we have to make booking in advance for KTX train from Seoul to Busan? or we can just go there and get the ticket in the station?

Christchurch NZ
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: high speed train Seoul and Busan

The first two times I used the KTX I just went to Seoul station ticket desk a couple of days before my trip to Busan and bought tickets. It was no hassle and there were seats available at the time of day I wanted to travel. The third time I used the website to book before I left New Zealand.

During peak times demand for seats may make it harder to buy a seat at the time you want to travel without a pre booking, and you may have to opt for one of the slower train services. Depends on factors such as the day of travel, and what time you want to travel.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: high speed train Seoul and Busan

Thanks Azza.

I think i might make a booking closer to date or when i'm fix with my itinerary. I haven't even change my return ticket so then i can extend two nights in Seoul. LOL too lazy.

Btw, do you know if it'll be enough time for me to go to Busan in the morning from Seoul and return at night? i would only want to do some quick hop and off day tours from citytourbusan.com/citytour_2010/…02.asp

(still not sure which course i would choose, Haeundae course or Taejongdae course). Do you have recommendation?

Definite place to go would be Jagalchi market since both me and my husband love seafood.

do you think Taejongdae Tourist Cruise worth going?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: high speed train Seoul and Busan

Oohhhh just read again and confirmed by few fellow reviewer that the city tour is free hop and off as many as we like and can take/mix the route from the three courses, so my confusion is not necessary anymore. One less thing to worry i supposed. ^__^

7. Re: high speed train Seoul and Busan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 07, 2012