We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation/maps

Which Busan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
slc
5 posts
Save Topic
transportation/maps

Hello all-

-Where can I get maps of the bus lines and train lines for Gimhae and Busan?

-What is the typical cab fare from Gimhae Int'l to Busan KTX?

-Any cab companies I should avoid? How is fare metered?

-Is there a multipurpose card I can use for the buses and the trains? A transportation pass? Can I purchase a card ahead of time like a Eurorail Pass?

I am mostly concerned about not having any nice maps of the area. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Thank you.

Take care.

-carrie

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation/maps

I'd expected to be able to pick up maps in the transportation stations, but I ended up photographing the wall-mounted maps and viewing them on my computer and ipad. Google maps will also give you routes by bus or train, and it will tell you the penultimate (next to last stop) before you should get off. There are also tourist Information centers here and there where you may be able to find maps. I also obtained a Seoul Subway map from the Seoul KTX station, so you may be able to get other maps at the Busan station.

At Gimhae airport there are two "limousine" buses (they're like Greyhound buses, not like limousines) that go to Busan station or to Haeundae and nearby hotels. You can get a map with all the stops for both lines from the information desk at the airport. Both buses cost 6,000 won.

I've read you can get a Hanaro card that I believe just works in the Busan taxis & buses, but the Tmoney or Tpass card works in the Seoul system as well as the Busan one. You can buy Tpass cards or jewelry in practically any convenience store and charge them in kiosks in the travel stations. You may also be able to "charge" them in the stores; I just haven't tried that method.

Avoid black "Luxe" or "Deluxe" taxis. I took one and paid only a tiny bit extra, but there are horror stories about 40,000 and 60,000 won fares.

A taxi back to Gimhae airport from Haeundae (in Busan) cost me 29,000 won, so I imagine it would cost around the same going the other way as well.

Hope this helps. Personally, I will be shopping on line for maps before i return to Korea.

slc
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation/maps

Thanks for the reply (& for catching my mistake)! I appreciate it.

Still hunting for nice maps (to purchase online before I leave).

Best,

Caroline

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation/maps

I actually just got some great results Googling "korean subway maps", etc. Of course, you might have to print them off on a bunch of pages and tape them together =-). Have fun in Korea!

4. Re: transportation/maps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 25, 2012